of the following which is "better"

sleidig1

Newly Enlightened
of the following which is \"better\"

of the following which is "better", meaning brighter, more throw, better quality/design.

If you had to choose from these two, which one & why.

I am looking at the Gerber lx3 and the Inova xo3.
Thank you in advance for any help & advise.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Re: of the following which is \"better\"

Ditto - The Xo3 is terrific! It is bright, and it really throws. It seems exceedingly well made, too.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I don't know anything about the Gerber, and I have an XO (not X03).

That said, the way the XO is designed and throws, the XO (or T) 3 should kick most other LED lights ARSEs!

2dim

Enlightened

Looks to me like you're arsekin' for a showdown, pardner!

sleidig1

Newly Enlightened

is the inova t3 & the xo3 the same except for the tail switch?

MrBenchmark

Enlightened

The Xo3 and the T3 are the same, except for the clicky switch, and the knurling on the body of the T3. I'm not sure whether or not the T3 includes a sheath - the T1's apparently don't. If not, this shouldn't be a deal killer - the sheaths on the "X" series inova lights kind of suck. I do not use the sheath that came with my Xo3.

The Xo3 really throws. It is exceedingly bright. It's not as bright, nor does it throw as far as my Pelican M6 incandescent (xenon) light. However, it has substantially better battery life, and it's regulated. And it's pretty darn bright! So if you really need throw, it's a good choice. The only downsides I can see to it are:
- if you need flood, the beam seems even tighter to me than an Xo. The Xo3 is not a good flood light, imho. It has a decent amount of spill, and I don't have any trouble walking with it - but I think I'd get annoyed trying to use it while changing a tire.
- the inova TIROS optics create ring artifacts in the beam. I don't find this to be a problem - I think the beam is fine, but I imagine it could drive some people nuts. I expect this is a love it / hate it kind of thing.

I think that it is a hell of a light. It does what I need it to do very well. I like mine a lot!

sleidig1

Newly Enlightened

I emailed Inova and asked if the tail switch for the t3 will fit the xo3 light & if so, how much to order one.
Their response:

Yes, the switch will work. The cost is $20.00. Thank you.
--
Laurie Sabella
Emissive Energy Corporation
135 Circuit Drive
No. Kingstown, RI 02852
401-294-2030 x 212
401-294-2050 Fax
[email protected]
www.inovalight.com

mapson

Enlightened

That's a great idea for someone who loves the feel and look of the xo3 but would like the clickie on it. Just bumps up the cost a bit. I think I may have gone this route if I did not already order a T3. Having the T3 physically in front of me though, I really like the knurling. Getting the clickie on the xo3 would not be a perfect match, the clickie has knurlings on it, fyi.

[ QUOTE ]
sleidig1 said:
I emailed Inova and asked if the tail switch for the t3 will fit the xo3 light & if so, how much to order one.
Their response:

Yes, the switch will work. The cost is $20.00. Thank you.
--
Laurie Sabella
Emissive Energy Corporation
135 Circuit Drive
No. Kingstown, RI 02852
401-294-2030 x 212
401-294-2050 Fax
[email protected]
www.inovalight.com

[/ QUOTE ]