Why are Arc LS's not being offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Why are Arc LS\'s not being offered?

Just curious. I just checked on eBay and there are tons and tons of AAA's for sale, but only 1-2 LS's (of any kind). Same thing on the B/S/T section, very few LS's are changing hands (as far as I can tell).

Here are some ideas I have. Please refrain from commenting too much on the high prices being asked for the AAA's. This poll is about the LS, and I'm curious to know how much *you* would pay for one of these.

Third option should say "Trading is being done behind the scenes directly with people who have these in stock."

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Why are Arc LS\'s not being offered?

The ARC LS is a design classic. No other manufacturer offers a viable alternative (Longbow comes close, but is not in the same league when it comes to size). The AAA and AA both have well regarded rivals.

FWIW i snagged a couple of LSH standards and have no intention of selling them.

2dim

Enlightened

Lot's have gone through B/S/T here. I keep missing them all, like a cat swatting at flies...they sure don't last very long at all, sometimes only minutes.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ive seen quite a few go through B/S/T. Im hanging onto mine for now.

paulr

Flashaholic

They're sort of an older light and there hasn't been all that much traffic in them lately. The people who weren't attached to theirs sold them long ago (I sold both of mine). The people who like them, have them and aren't selling.

As for small lights, the Firefly is much smaller than the LS.

greenLED

Flashaholic

I should've posted first but had to run. I got an LSL for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif It's actually being held hostage by my wife and I can't see it till Xmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Once I open the present, I do not have plans to sell it. I routinely miss the ones being traded on B/S/T.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now thats a real woman, isnt afraid to spend over $100 on a flashlight for the man she loves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif She have a single, 21-24 year old sister by chance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shane

W4DIZ

Enlightened

I will be hanging onto mine.Maybe some day when they are selling for hundreds,I will sell.NOT

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Arc LS is unreplacable. I wouldn't sell mine for even triple what I paid for it.

The only thing I've tried that is somewhat close is the Longbow Micra, but the circuit is not as good, the tint is not as good, and the beam quality is not as good as the LS. The only area the Micra is better at is brightness and fit and finish.

I think someday a company will come out with a similar light as the Arc LS that surpasses it. If (when) that happens, I'll rethink my position about not selling any LSs. Until then though, I'm hanging onto mine.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I've got "several" of "several" different versions...They are indeed a "classic" piece of revolutionary technology!! I'm on the edge of picking a couple to "set free"...however it's really tough to do...why? I don't know. I'm in the process of picking up my 3rd 4+, maybe that will help me "free" a couple of the classics.

My problem is that I've got two budding teenage "Flashaholic" sons...they seem to be getting "some" of my stock! Someday when dad (me) is gone...they will look back and say...oh I don't know, something positive I hope! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

The new KL1 is supposed to be pretty nice. If you can get a Vitalgear 1x123 pack, either the old twisty or the new pushbutton one, you get a smaller light than a kl1/e1e. But even with an e1e body you have a reasonable alternative to the LS/clickie.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened

I'm hanging on to mine because there is no equal versatility than my LSH-P. I have 2AA and CR123A battery module with Hi/Lo beam module. The closest ones that have the same capabilities are Long Bow but they don't have Hi/Lo module. Then there is FireFly II but there is no 2AA battery tube.

greenLED

Flashaholic

LOL, Hallis! Unfortunately the old "15 will give you 20" rule applies here.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened

I think that people who own them just like them, for the most part. With the exception of Jets22 who seems to have an LS to sell a couple times a day (wich I could buy them all!) I haven't seen too many relative to the # of them out there in circulation. I'm keeping mine!

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess I'd sell mine if someone really wanted it, but they'd pay plenty to get it from me. It would be more on impulse than a conscious effort to post it and sell it.

It's a nice size and does what I want. If it every stopped working, I'd probably send it off and have someone mod it for me.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened

I have the First Run LS with all three battery tubes. The twisty packs are where it was at. I don't think it was a broken design that needed fixing.

The right size, the right amount of light, the right type of beam and the right runtime. Not much reason to sell one. With all the battery packs you might need more than one light to replace it. Your on the CPF though and even if one light could replace it (my LionHeart on order), most of us would say keep it! have both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gp01

Newly Enlightened

Funny, I just bought two LSH on BST this week. I like the small form factor of LSH and mostly do not need the high throw or a battery hog. They are out there for those interested. I bet over time prices will stabilize back to the $120-$130 original price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts