Next best thing to Arc AAA PE

brian6244

Newly Enlightened
I have an Arc AA PE that is giving me problems that I may not be able to fix. I already have a post regarding that in the Arc forum so we won't go in to that. My question here is this:

Assuming I can't fix it and am not willing to buy one of the few AAA PE lights currently available on ebay, what else is there out there that is as good or better or at least close to the Arc AAA PE as far as brightness, whiteness, size, durability and water resistance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks!

ChrisA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
...or at least close to the Arc AAA PE as far as brightness, whiteness, size, durability and water resistance?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh boy, that'll give you a hard time right now... maybe peak will somehow boost the output of their prototypes but right at the moment there is nothing on the market that is close to the aaa.

chris

paulr

Flashaholic
I think your best bet right now is the Peak Matterhorn with the 3-led head and the "Snow" LED's. It will be brighter and whiter than the AAA PE, but batteries won't last as long, and the light itself is a little bit longer. On the other hand it has this removable keychain lug that lets you stand the light on end, and some people like that.

Some of us are slightly lobbying Peak to make something more like the Arc.

Shadows

Newly Enlightened
Gerber sonic?
i feel its under rated... after being overshadowed by the arc... but now that arc is gone....

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I have a Matterhorn 3-LED (red) and also an Arc AAA (red). The Matterhorn is a more directed beam with greater throw and much brighter. Batteries don't last as long, but I use rechargeables and change them every week. Haven't dimmed or run dead yet.

The ARC is a smaller and lighter package, but I don't notice the difference much. Also, I filed down the brass at the LED end and shortened the "channels" the LEDs shoot through, and it now has significantly more sidespill with the same amount of throw.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Brian,

Welcome to CPF.

I'll put another vote in for the Peak lights. They are a little longer, but seem to be well made and perform quite well.

Tom

cy

Flashaholic
Brian, welcome to cpf.

I've got a working ARC AAA head w/white led, if you cannot get yours going again. Please PM

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
brian6244,

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I recommend that you take cy up on his offer!!!!

brian6244

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CY... I'm going to try to modify the foam and see what that does for it. Will let you know.