light suggestions

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
I'm come to the experts again needing your help picking a led light. I have a keymate on the keychain and a sl 3c twin task but now i'm looking for something the size of a 2aa mini mag for work at night. I've looked at the led's for mini mags but am open to suggestions. Thanks

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you need it for? The Streamlight Jr Luxeon's an idea that you may want to explore, at least as far as having a single LED with some output goes. It's not going to be a Inova X03, but it's about the right size for your purposes, I think. If you need something dimmer, or more flood-worthy at short range, may I suggest the Dorcy's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's also the Peak LED Solutions lights to consider, or maybe the Princeton Tec lights. Again, depends on your purposes.

L

led_replacement

Have you considered the Tektite LT-1 direct LED Replacement bulb for the 2aa and 2aaa Mini-Mag? The LT-1 uses a ground down Nichia led (acts like a side emitter led so you can focus the Mini-Mag) The LT-1 is a direct dropin replacement with no modification to the Mini-Mag or reflector. The runtime is 15 hours because of the low current drain compared to the standard bulb. They are on sale now for only $22.95 including free shipping in the USA! Check it out at http://www.led-replacement.com/LT-1.html and check out the comparison beam shots at http://www.led-replacement.com/lt-1_shots.html
Thanks
led_replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is price range?

What type a battery do you want?

If price range is unlimited and you considered 123A batteries, why not a Surefire L4? Its shorter than a Minimag, yet about 9 times as much output.

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
I'll be working outside and there is a good chance that i might lose it so i don't want to get something real expensive. I won't be using the light to work with. I just want to have some kind of light in case the need for a light comes up. Does the replacement for the mini mag work ok. Thanks

Kiessling

Flashaholic
An Aleph1 on 2x123 DB917 lux III with a 2-stage McE2S switch would be a great light in that size class.
And it would be tha base for further additins in the great realm of E-Series modularity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
With the 2-stage output it is also quite flexible with possibly long runtimes AND a bright punch with an astonishing range.

Aleph1Series.jpg

it's the longer one ...

bernhard