mod for uk 4aa eled

turbodog

Flashaholic
I am not doing this myself, but posted it here for someone else to experiment with. Take the led assembly out of a uk4aaeled and fabricate some sort of battery tube for it. Mine will run off of a 123 cell, but I don't know for how long or at what brightness. In any case, if someone could do this, you'd have a low cost 1 watt light that could be shorter than 3" with a twist pak. And that's pretty nice.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of putting my module without its reflector in a 3D mag with 4 C cells. Can't yet figure out how to hold the module still for it to use the cut down mag reflector properly. Just a thought.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I honestly can't see the merit in that. It runs 10-11 hours as it is. 4 c cells would increase this so far the batteries would die from old age before you used them up.

If you want an easy thing for the mag, get an everled. An everled in a 3c mag would be a top pick of mine if I could only have 1 light, ever. Either than or an L4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, true what you said about the runtime. I was just thinking about a long running, regulated, emergency light that I can put together from what I have now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If the everled costs 20.00 instead of 39.00 it would be an obviours choice instead of trying to part out the module of the uke4AA eled. I found a place that will sell just the lamp/reflector uke 4AA/2L module for 14.20 plus whatever shipping costs. If someone can figure out how to use the parts in it for other lights that would make it close to 1/3 the cost of the everled with only one drawback: the uke module is designed for 4cell operation and may not tolerate less/more cells as readily as the everled would.