Hello, I have a question

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
The time is coming... winter! Christmas! What should I get my parents? Well... maybe a 6P for my dad(he is a teacher). And maybe a... what?? I dont know what I should get for my mom. I heard that the e1e bulb is worthless. But, I cant afford an e1e with a Kl1. What should I get her. Is my choice for my dad good?

-tom

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
you should get them both an Inova T1. or something similar. nice and small. but pretty bright. around $40 each (or less if you check around).

or maybe that's too bright? maybe your pops would like the Streamlight Jr luxeon with its pocket clip.

what do you think they'd use the lights for most?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Tom,

My wife and daughter both like Photon IIs.

They both have ARC LS and a few other good lights too, but they like the Photon IIs because they aren't noticed on their key rings.

Your choices are good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I find that people really appreciate a white PhotonII and a Glowring for their keys.

These are small gifts that can really be useful and used a lot by people.

May be you can get 5-10 sets of these and spread your Christmas Giving around your friends and family?

Al

Flashdark

Enlightened
cornkid,

Have you considered a G2 (comes in various colors), 60 lumens with the regular bulb (4 times more powerful than the E1e), can be later fitted with the P61/120 lumen bulb, also with the F24 beamshaper flood filter. Less than $40 each, some places $28-32. The V26 holster from Surefire holds it nicely and prevents an accidental "on". Very nice utility light. I have several for my cars, house, and barn.

Hope this helps.

capnal

Enlightened
My wife loves my Inova X1. I imagine your mother would think it is cool, too. They are affordable, lifetime warranty, etc. Maybe Mom needs a "purse set up" with an X1 and a Spyderco Salsa to go with it!

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
If your parents are used to old school flashlights you might consider a Streamlight Twin Task.

They have a quality incandescent bulb but also the long-running LEDs. It's a good way to introduce people to LEDs while still having a "regular" flashlight.