Need help with APO adresses, please.

Shanghaied

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

To make the long story short, I've bought something from someone on another forum, and since he has an APO adress he claims that he can not take Paypal. So it's all down to good old money order.

Anyhow does anyone living outside (or even inside) the US have any idea if it's possbile to send MO to APO adress from outside of the US?

And the adress he gave me looked like the following:

NAME NAME
COMPANY COMPANY
BATTALION BATTALION
UNIT XXXXX BOX XXX
APO AP XXXXX-XXXX

Should there be USA or something at the end of the adress?

As you see I've never done this sort of stuff before, so please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance, you people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Being ex-Navy and a former Air Force Brat, I can tell you that it is just another USPS post office. Yea, it looks funky, but they have access to the same goodies at a post office as you do. The postal address for most people is a street address that does not move. Armed Forces Units or Navy ships are usually not in the same place for very long, so their mail is sent to a central location and then forwarded to their current position. Their mail does not go thru foreign postal services, just the USPS.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Since you are sending from Sweden, I'm not sure how it will work. I would think you would need to have USA in the address somewhere. Check with your local Post Office and see if they can help.