Cool new 20 LED Swiss caving light.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Inner Mountain Outfitters yesterday and got to check out some cool new lights.

This one is made in Switzerland
LL_bouton.JPG

The knob on the end is a dimmer that controls the brightness. I was told it was pulse width modulated not just a resistor. It also has a glow sheet behind the LED's to give you enough light to change the batteries. Very robust machined aluminum construction!
Here is the web page: http://www.techt.ch/ You can use babel Fish to convert the French to something that resembles English.

Another cool light was the German 26LED Spe-Lu:

17-1360.gif
http://www.lupine.de/en/stirn/stirn/index.html

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got an email from IMO offering to sell me the only one of these Alex has right now, for $300...and that they would be in the online catalog soon as he gets more...wonder what the price will be then?
Where do you get them for $199. euro???

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Jeepers, Dave, how'd that picture get so huge?

I haven't decided whether to bring more of these lights in, so I'd value any input here in terms of interest in this light (at $250-300).

Alex

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ted, that 199.00 price is in Euros, in Switzerland, and does not include shipping to the US, or customs tariffs. Also, the one I got was through another dealer.
I'm in contact with Techtonique now about getting them direct; we'll have to see what kind of pricing ensues.

Alex

D

**DONOTDELETE**

BTW, we have plenty of the Lupine Spe-Lu headlamps now, as well as extra batteries.

I'm very impressed with this light! As Dave said, its fin-cooled housing is ready for the new Luxeon LEDs, so watch for more innovation from Lupine. Meanwhile, check out the stats on the Spe-Lu at our site (below), or the Lupine site (above).

Alex

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh, hello there Alex! I didn't know you were here!
grin.gif
Thanks for the information, and welcome to the forum!