Anyone know which Surefires are backordered?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered another L2, and its been several days without getting a shipping notice. Does that mean its backordered? Anyone actually know WHICH Surefire models are backordered?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try calling or send an e-mail. Last time I ordered from them, I specified 2nd day air and after hearing nothing for 3 days I e-mailed them and recieved a reply that it would ship that day. So much for 2nd day.

K-T

*Moderator*
I believe "2nd day" does not refer to availability or time needed to process orders. While one would expect to see the items show up two days after the order has been made, it sometimes takes time to get the order inside the box first.

My 2cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cliff

Newly Enlightened
357:

If you ordered on-line, you can probably check your "account" with them and see the status of your order. If it says: "Waiting to Ship" it probably means at least one item on your order is not yet in stock. They will explain what the deal is immediately by email.

Or, you can call their customer service number for quicker info. Very cordial folks on the other end of the line. My dealings with them have left no room for improvement so far, but they seem to be as much in the dark as anyone as far as when their back ordered products are coming in.

This past week they advised me on Monday the new KL1s wouldn't be in for 6 - 8 weeks, then I heard they were shipping them out yesterday. That's the way it goes though, and I'm certainly not blaming them.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I already checked my account status and it said "waiting to ship". Guess I'll be waiting a while then.....

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, anyone know the status of the L5? How many more months will it take for Surefire to get caught up and start shipping them out again?

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my L2 on mon. and got it today.
2day ship to the T.

Of the net, tadgear.com
NOT surefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found out that my Surefire L2 order did ship.

That is taken care of.

However....I have an outstanding order of an L5 at Botach (priced at $149, so I couldn't resist)--ordered about a 1 week ago. Several people buying L5s at other sites (such as Brightguy) say that they are all sold out, so I'm guessing that Botach is too. I've ordered from Botach before and have always gotten what I ordered, so I think its more that Surefire is out of L5s at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone know officially if the L5s are on long backorder?

That looks like its a nice model, I'm looking forward to eventually getting the L5 I ordere.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update, I got off the phone with Botach and they said they will ship the light today.

Wow, I'll have my first L5 soon!