What is similar to an Arc LS?

Osm3um

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of LED lights, but my best is my Arc LS (first run #926).

I am interested in purchasing another Luxeon light but unsure which one.

I want it to run on 2xAA bats, as bright as the LS(how bright is the LS anyway?), run time is not so important as I have rechargeables, about the smae size as the LS and have a good feel....

I have been digging around and am thinking of preordering an XM-3 elektrolumen. Any other ideas?

Surefires are a bit on the spendy side I might add.....

Thanks,
Bob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Luxeon Jr. Lower cost than the EL XM3, and I suspect it will have better build quality than the XM3.

I like every single Luxeon Jr. that I have. 30 lumens of light, with pretty good partial regulation (straighter regulation than most partial regulation).

MrMom

Enlightened
I am impressed with my Streamlight Luxeon Jr's - brighter and tighter than the Arcs. They are a fantastic deal for the price. I do plan on ordering a XM-3 from Wayne soon. Everything that I have ordered from him in the past has been of excellent quality.

cy

Flashaholic
The only thing similar to an ARC LS first run is a later ARC like an LSH-P.

For fit, finish, versitility and output nothing comes close.

For versitality a CNC 123 w/AA tubes, 1x 123 tube or up to 4x 123 tubes beats ARC LS.

CNC 123 tubes are harder to find than arc parts. If you are lucky enough to find some, then CNC 123 makes the perfect test mule.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MrMom said:
I am impressed with my Streamlight Luxeon Jr's - brighter and tighter than the Arcs. They are a fantastic deal for the price. I do plan on ordering a XM-3 from Wayne soon. Everything that I have ordered from him in the past has been of excellent quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd describe most of the Elektrolumens (EL) products as average quality (FT-3C) to very good quality (Blaster series). The exception being the XM-2, which I'd call poor to sub-mediocre quality.

I've yet to find an EL product with excellent quality, but perhaps there is a model out there that does have it (is it the Anglelux?).

Certainly, for the price most EL products are a good buy (with the exception of the XM-2).

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
Well Elektrolumens is a small company, so I don't expect them to have big company quality

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the quality is actually due to where the EL products are made (Wayne doesn't actually make the lights, they are made IIRC in China and then shipped to Wayne). I think if Wayne actually made the majority of the parts, the quality WOULD be very high. Wayne IMO is a great guy, but its hard to control quality when its being made oversees.

The Blaster series is the one line I own that I WOULD describe as good to very good quality. I've only had a few minor cosmetic concerns with Blasters (scratches on the optics from the factory, but nothing that affects function). Otherwise, this is the line I feel EL quality is at its best.

The FT-3C series is IMO average quality, which is still satisfactory. I plan to keep these lights, since they have nice white beam and good runtime. Very poor switch, severe battery rattle, and mediocre to average fit/finish is the reason I rate FT-3C quality as average.

I am very disapointed with XM-2 quality, and I just gave away my final XM-2 light after ANOTHER parts breakage. (that wasn't the only problem with my XM-2s, also the switches were terrible and upon close inspection many shortcuts were taken in fit and finish that led to my poor quality rating).

I've never owned an Anglelux, but one day I just might try one out.