Need new retaining ring for Arc LSL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was recently trying to help a friend replace the emitter in his Arc LSL, and in the process of taking the light apart, the stock retaining ring had to be ground away. It was Loktited tighter than any I've seen to date! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The mod was a success, but now a keyring (!) is holding the board in place. This is of course only a temporary solution. Does anyone have a spare retaining ring for an Arc LSL, or know where I could get a compatible retaining ring of some sort? I really don't want to leave my friend hanging!

Anyway, hoping someone can be of some assistance. PM me if you can help, or just let me know in this thread... and many, MANY thanks!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky,

Thanks for all of your efforts. That bugger was tough to get out of there!!!

MSax

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found the easiest way is to drip a few drops of berrymans b12 carb cleaner into the threads and use the points of xcelite wire cutters in the holes to turn it out.it can take a lot of torque to move it and lots of pressure to keep from slipping out of the holes in the ring.
which means if you are a weakling or arthur has caught up to ya have a strong friend do it.
the xcelite cutters i used are worn at the tips so no loss if i twist them like a pretzel.so far i have done 20 lights and no damage
dont use too much b12 or you will trash the optic/lense.

AK

Newly Enlightened
The Shoppe has retaining rings in stock again, if you're still looking for one. I ordered two the other day, and received them last night.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, the Shoppe seems already to be out of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

McShawn

Enlightened
I need just one too. The shop seems to be out now, I just checked. Anyone have any ideas where else to get one? Also where to get a new LS front lense, glass or plastic?
Hope you found one Milkyspit.
Shawn

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any place else to get a retaining ring? Where does the Shoppe get them or did he just find a couple in a drawer that sold out in ten seconds? I've been hoping to get one for awhile now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am pretty sure the shoppe has more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McShawn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Billson said:
You can order a lens from www.flashlightlens.com. The lens diameter is 19.8 mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, I have been looking and asking but nobody has been able to help yet, I really am greatful for the help.
Shawn

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shawn,

No problem. I just talked to Chris. They have plenty in stock. I'm about to order one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.