Need another pocket clip for your Arc AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of my local friends who have Arc AAAs have lost the pocket clips over the last year and a half. One of them found a pocket clip from a Pentel retractable pen works very well as a replacement.

He bought these Pentel Capri pens at WalMart, 3 pens for $1.99. He said it is a bear to get one pried open to fit on the Arc AAA so I had him do mine for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

These pocket clips are more robust than the OEM Arc AAA clips and won't be near as easily slipped off and lost. No biggie if it is, you'll have two spares and 3 decent retractable pens, to boot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I don't have a Peak AAA anymore, but mine didn't come with a pocket clip, so these should fit the Peak AAA as well as they do the Arc AAA.

Britt

Below: Top is original pocket clip on Arc AAA, Bottom is Pentel pocket clip on Arc AAA:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Top is original clip bottom is Pentel clip:
close up of back

Photo of package of Pentel Capri Retractable Pens

kubolaw

Enlightened
Nice adaptation. I like the form factor of the Pentel clip much better! I'll have to try out some clips from the random pens lying around the house. You can also use the clip from a Mag 2AAA - fits perfectly, from what I recall (the actual clip shape is pretty much the same as the original ARC version).

dangee

Newly Enlightened
Now that looks good on the AAA. nice macro photos. will have to hit the staples store tomorrow.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course now that you have spares you know you won't lose the clip. Looks like the new clip won't bite into the anodizing or drag the clip across the body when extracting it from a tight deathgrip on a pocket hem. Nice.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'll check the Office Depot for them tomorrow, but if I can't find them there, can somebody send me a set of pens if I Paypal them? There is no Wall-Mart anywhere where I can get to.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, just PM me your shipping info and tomorrow I'll mail you a pack of them, no charge. Thanks for all you've done and do for us LED fans.

Britt

EDIT: On the way, Craig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you Britt!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know I said this in an email already, but I wanted everybody to know I visit this thread too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
The original clip that comes with the Arc AAA is made of amazing steel. I've abused it by forcing it onto a clamp on my bicycle, stretching it quite a bit wider than I really should have. Amazingly, the clip didn't complain one bit, resuming its normal shape with nary a sign of the abuse it had taken. I keep it on my light all the time; it's handy when you need an instant headlamp: just clamp it onto the peak of a baseball cap.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The OEM clip on my Arc-AAA RGB has nothing at all printed or stamped on it...let me check the Arc-AAA PE on my keychain...BRB...nope, nothing printed or stamped on that one either. Let me take the clip off and check the underside...BRB...nope, nothing there either.
That's three strikes...guess I'm out now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of mine have anything on the clip. But, I seem to remember having one or two go through my hands that had "USA". Mine are all from a year and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.