VitalGear FB1 tailcap disassembled (Pics)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took apart my new VitalGear FB1-HA tailcap just to see how it's assembled & also as I plan to strip the HA off later. First removed the clip's hex screws with a Torx 'T-8x50 B5' tool. Then used a pair of long-nosed pliers, placed them in the slots in the metal retaining ring surrounding the central portion of the switch & turned in a counter-clockwise direction. The center switch & spring module can then be gently pulled out from where it's seated in the rubber boot. Finally the rubber boot can pressed out from behind. Also took close-up pics of the switch module itself.

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the question I've always had about clickie switches in general. What's the general principle behind them? That little white plastic piece presses down on something in the green housing, and then ... what?

ExMB

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
Feels kinda fragile to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt, reminds me of a disposible piezo-electric lighter igniter.

Any chance that a Mc2ES will fit?

14C

Enlightened
Yeah but does it still work when when screwit back together...nime WILL NOT!

All I did was unscrew the tailcap and put it back on. I did not dissassemble it. This really SUCKS!

14C

Enlightened
Sorry for the double post. I just finished measuring the voltage...3.01 with a fresh cell and the switch on but if I put pressure on the batterycontact...even a little..the voltage drops to .07 V.

This little gem is not working like it should!

14C

Enlightened
Tried loosening it...tried SureFire and Duracell for any length difference...same results....always.

14C

Enlightened
Backed it off until it is just barely on...3.0 V and 1.13 V with any pressure on the battery...

Darn thing is...it worked just fine until I unscrewed and put back the tailcap.

14C

Enlightened
OK..after monkeying with the spring assebmly it seems to be functioning now....strange....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cia

Newly Enlightened
Re: ..

Thanks for the photo's.
I'm going to pass on getting one now.

sidespill

Enlightened
Re: ..

I am also getting intermittant operation with my tailswitch? when i back it off it seems to work. Why? what causes the switch assy to malfunction when fully seated?