CSI - which flashlights

ps56k

Enlightened
I wonder if anyone can determine which flashlights they are using on the various CSI programs - LV, Miami, NY ?

sidespill

Enlightened
I seen the LV guys use streamlights, scorpions and stingers sometimes a SF L4, also seen Grisom with a inova X5 UV. My pioneer dvd lets me zoom so I'm 90% sure. The latino guy on Miami uses a UK dive light when diving. I'm curious as to what the "real" CSI's use?

rackness

Newly Enlightened
on regular csi (vegas) they use streamlight and dorcy flashlights. the one you see most of the time is the scorpion. i don't like the other csi series as much so i don't watch them very much. not sure what lights they use sorry.

Xeper

Newly Enlightened
My favourite is CSI Miami: cool watches, cars and flashlights ;-)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I can't tell you which shows but they were CSI...

I saw Scorpions being used by at least two and perhaps three characters on one show, and a couple 3 or 4x123 with some sort of turbo headed SFs on another. Those MIGHT have been Ultra Stingers, but the beam sure looked SF "wall of light" quality.

I taped Miami and NY last night. I will try and see which ones on those two.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The current favorite on CSI: seems to be the SureFire M4 Devastator. In tonight's episode they were widely seen, used by most of the regulars.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
The current favorite on CSI: seems to be the SureFire M4 Devastator. In tonight's episode they were widely seen, used by most of the regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's what i see the most of.

Azure

Newly Enlightened
I just saw this show (LV) for the first time last night. Everyone on it had flashlights! The Surefire M4 was widely used, but many other lights made an appearance. If you're into flashlights, then I guess this show is for you!

Banshee

Enlightened
Ive been watching CSI (the Original Series) on DVD from the first season. Just started Season 3..and Grissom was using an Inova X5....my wife just shakes her head when I pause-rewind and pause just to see the flashlights..
Plenty of Surefires on set too!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I saw what I believe to be a StingerXT in the hands of Mack (main CSI NY guy) when he was looking for the skeleton.

I think this because I saw the the bezel clearly and it looked like the front of my Stinger.

Will watch the LV CSI on tape tonight.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the dental blue lights they use? I see the L4 often, nothing like the pure white of a Luxeon

chris1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone notice the M6 used on this week's "Las Vegas", I thought it was a bit overkill for use inside a closed truck!

Catman10

Enlightened
I don't watch the show, but to me the real question is... are they using the appropriate lights for the tasks they're engaged in? Now, that would be cool.

bmsmith

Enlightened
The number of appearances of the Surefire M4 has skyrocketed recently on CSI(LV). Room (and storm drain) searches seem to be the most likely times to see it in use. Vehicle searches seem to use either the Streamlight Scorpion, or maybe Strion, not really sure - they are small (short body).
I missed the scene with the M6 in the truck.
Streamlight Ultrastingers were a favorite on CSI(LV) in past seasons when searching rooms.

They seem to enjoy using a variety of lights, but I haven't really seen a pattern to their usage, other than vehicle searches tend to use smaller lights, which makes sense for two reasons: Not as bright since it is close up work, and not as bulky in an enclosed space.

- Brian

Lumenous

Newly Enlightened
I don't watch CSI on a regular basis, but I've seen them use penlights on a few occasions.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid and a flashlight was used on TV or in the movies it was NEVER a real flashlight. The actor held a real flashlight but the beam always came from another light off camera. It always came out completely lame. Today it's a simple matter to find a flashlight that can overcome the ambient light on the set and still be strong enough to look like a real light in the finished show. If you watch any of the flashlight scenes in old movies that were done the old way you'll gag.