4 LED light? Luxeon?

Xenon

Enlightened
Saw this on ebay. What light is this? No bids??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2030451633

Looks like 4 luxeons in one compact body.
smile.gif

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
Luxeons for such a low price: NOT POSSIBLE
also, a 100h run time on 4 AAs isn't possible with four luxeons. Just four 5 mm LEDS in seperate reflectors.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looked interesting, so what the hey, I used the "buy now" option to order it. I'll post some info after I receive and test it out.

The seller has another one available at:
null

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
That 4-LED torch is a little beauty, but is there anyoone out there who knows who makes it? It could be the product of a small-time torchaholic making his own torches, imspired by the Lambda but unable to afford the Luxeons to go in it!

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
If you look carefully, jou can see that these 'collaminators' are just seperate reflectors with normal LEDs in it. (I think...)

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
Alan, I just bought also such a 5-LED headlamp (the same). You said the LEDs are not good, can you describe those LEDs and compare them to regular Nichias:
-In brightness
-In color
-In beam profile

The strobe mode, how is this(fast srtobe)?
Is there any chance to mod the headlight (lets say green LEDs)?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check its description to make sure those LEDs are from Nichia or Japan made. I have a 5-LED headlamp carried by the same source, its LED is not from Japan and is way dimmer than a regualer 3-LED headlamp but take more power
confused.gif
mad.gif

Alan

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
I also got such a 5-LED headlamp. Perhaps I could comment on the LED.

-In brightness
They are way dimmer then regular Nichias. The headlamp drawing over 200ma is significantly dimmer then a moonlight drawing ~100ma.
-In color
much more blue
-In beam profile
A well define circular hotspot with sharp fall off, little spill light.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Chuen has described so well about this 5-LED light. Very accurate and consistent with mine indeed except the color side. Mine is pretty white, I guess I'm lucky. I don't use it anymore anyway.

By the way, it costs only around $7.00. I hope that I didn't ruin your day
tongue.gif

Alan

funk

Enlightened
Alans $7 - 5 LED headlamp is up to 80 bucks on Ebay - shhhhsshhhhhh

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do these people have a clue on what they're buying. That no-name headlamp is now up to $100.
nervous.gif
TX
(and over a day to go)Then one JUST like it, auction closeing at the same time, is at $25. Go figure....
confused5.gif

funk

Enlightened
I just saw that the Zipka knock off with the magent is on there for 14.99.... Alan - I seem to remember you mentioning this before....

Wim Hertog

Enlightened
Bought the lamp a few weeks ago for $ 13.
LEDs s***k, strobe mode to!
But, I just replaced the LEDs withe some Nichia 12800 greens...powerfull!!
Oh... and when you wire the battery wires backwards, the flasher becomes a dimmer function (LEDs light at 1/4 power)!

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo - You better call CMG and tell them they can double the price of the Infinity. They just need to rename it the Navy Seal Light.
grin.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. The 4 LED light I ordered from eBay arrived today. I'll start a new thread with a more complete review in a day or so, but here's my first impressions:

-Bigger than expected, about size of a 2 C cell flashlight
-Definitely not white. A very light aqua color.
-LEDs start recessed and then push forward as head is twisted to on position.

Had I been able to try or see it in person before buying I probably would have passed.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funk:
I just saw that the Zipka knock off with the magent is on there for 14.99.... Alan - I seem to remember you mentioning this before....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this light uses those same poor quality LEDs. It's pity as its magnet idea is execllent. I still use them and stick it kitchen, bath room... etc. I have 3 of them and it costs $6.00. I think someone stole (and improve) Zipka idea and stuck substandard LEDs in to fool the public
mad.gif

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wim Hertog:
Bought the lamp a few weeks ago for $ 13.
LEDs s***k, strobe mode to!
But, I just replaced the LEDs withe some Nichia 12800 greens...powerfull!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea! I've never thought of that. I have plenty of Nichia white LED. I really like its magnet idea.

Alan