Led lights with dimmers

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
What's availible in terms of lights that either have infinitely adjustable dimmers or several brightness levels. I know of the PT Aurora, what else is out there?

- Pete

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I believe that some of the Eternalight torches have various brightness settings, as well as various flash/sequence and strobe combinations.
There are also some torches fitted with AOM mode which keeps the LED on very dimly even when the torch is "Switched Off", This function allows a torch to be found in total darkness and is a function appreciated by cavers and campers. The current is usualyy very small, sometimes a few 10's of uA will be enough to produce a visible glow in today's high efficiency LED's!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot think of any that are infinite. Maybe one I saw that uses a simple but wastfull veriable resistor...red color if I remember and marketed to astronamers and even those without namers (speeling...help).

The Eternalight has many levels of brightness.

The Photon 3...3 levels as well as LRI`s Fusion.

Pal lights 2 and their Night Star...7?

There are some that operate differant brightness levels by turning on more LED`s..A good idea in my mind.

I am very surprised there is not one on the market that is infinantly veriable by using pulsing...press the front button to increase...rear button to decrease. I`m sure we will see this soon now that the 5 watt LS`s are around the corner.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

these Skylites have thumbwheels for infinite brightness adjustment, and also a selection switch for 2 pairs of different colored LEDs; http://members.cox.net/rigelsys/rigelsys.html
..they appear to have gone through a design improvement since I bought mine, different lense, larger thumbwheel, and water resistant now..
(going to 'rigelsystems' doesn't seem to work at this moment)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

199 euro is just 178 US dollar
(special offer!)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

cave, is there any special way to use intertrans or babelfish to translate that site? or do you cut and paste one page at a time into the translator? or --?
thanks.