CPF member needs help!

coachbigdog

Enlightened
1st let me start by two things:#1-d'mo needs our help! And until he reads this he has no idea I'm posting this thread.#2-D'mo,PLEASE don't get angry that I made this post!Ok,I have noticed that many people here are willing to help when a member of CPF is in need.D'mo is in financial need and he isn't asking for a "hand out".What I am asking is that people BUY his brass luxeon mods.His mods are GREAT and his service is excellent!He will bend over backwards to help you if you have a problem with one of his mods.If you can't,then maybe you can afford a "love offering" of $5 or what ever.Again,for all of you who always believe the worst, NO I don't personally know d'mo.And NO i'm not "getting" anything.He just casually mentioned in conversation by pm that he was having a tough finacial time.But he also said he knew everything would be ok.So,I just know we are always looking for a great light.Why not buy a great light AND help a family at the same time!I don't know how we'd set up a paypal fund for those that want to go that route or evenm if we'd need to.Maybe if we just buy his remaning light,that would be good enough.If there is a fund set up,count me in for $20.Again,d'mo,when you find this post PLEASE don't get upset.God Bless everyone! Here's the link:
Shortened Link

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Please don't tell me that when a member can't afford a flashlight,that over 50 people will pitch in and buy him one.But when someone is having trouble providing for his family we sit quietly.No offense raggie33.You are a great guy and deserve the L.H. I'm just a little confused.Not trying to start a debate.Just trying to help one of our own out.I've seen many people pitch in freely for nothing, which is awesome.But here is a man who needs help,but doesn't say anything to anyone.Instead he tries to "earn" his way out.So,if you have the financial means to buy one of his mods,please do so.I know you probably don't need a new light,but very few of us here NEED another light.But this way we can add to our collection AND help a family out.Think about it.God Bless!

ksbman

Flashaholic*
d'mo can only accept non-CC PP (or MO) so I have helped with a few CC PP payments in the last couple of days, but now it's my turn to buy.

PP sent for one brass unit.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
I must have read his link wrong myself.I didn't think he even took paypal.I couldn't remember how I paid last time on his 1st run.That's good,that way if anyone feels led to paypal him a "love offering" then they can do it directly.

2dim

Enlightened
Will be meeting d'mo this afternoon and could purchase his lights for anyone in Canada, Toronto area especially. Let me know by PM before 10am EST. Repayment can be arranged later.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has this member considered advertising? This is the first I have heard of it and the post does not make it clear if these are complete lights or screw on heads for some discontinud brand Ive never heard of either.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
cobb,

The Brass Luxeon lights are a complete light. These are Peak LED Solutions brass AAA lights that have been modified with the addition of a Luxeon.

The heads fit a ARC AAA, you must supply the body for the head.

The complete ARC AAA lights are sold out.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Yeah, I would be interested in the whole thing, not just the head. Thanks for the clearification.

I too tried to sell stuff Ive made. I tried adds, ebay, blind publications and my own website. No go. Then plans, no go. Finally I posted the plans and placed ads and now have a never ending source of revenue of about 5 bucks a day from the various ads.

d'mo

Enlightened
Wow.

2Dim told me about this thread when I met with him yesterday. I have to admit, I was very shocked and a bit embarassed hearing about it first hand. Evenings and weekends are family time with very little on-line time, so I was not able to see this thread until this morning. I'm not angry about it, but it is somewhat embarassing.

It's true, I'm having some financial difficulties and had to take a loan to pay my school taxes. I had used the money I had earmarked for the taxes to make the AAA-Luxeon lights here, but a supplier problem complicated assembly, delayed manufacture for over a month and resulted in substantial product losses due to remachining to accomodate replacment parts. I've been making them since early June and expected to ship at the end of July, rather than at the end of September.

Since this happened, I've learned there are other avenues that I could have taken, but what's done is done and, I'll live. I won't lose my house, but the next few months are going to be very tight for me and my family. My goal is to sell enough lights so I can pay off this loan and eliminate the high interest.

I want you all to know that I deeply apprecialte the sentiment and prayers expressed in this thread, PMs and the additional orders this thread has sparked.

Many, Many Thanks!!!
dave