Sorry but yet another L4 question….

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I'm going to buy an L4 and have a few questions…

1. Is there a new L4 that is better than an older one or are they all the same?

2. Can the head on the L4 be put on any executive body?

3. Can I put the KL1 head on the L4?

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Hi sbebenelli, the L4 head (KL4) can indeed be used with any Surefire E series body and the KL1 head works great on the L4 body too. As for question 1, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the pioneer batches of the L4s have suffered from some tint problems, but it has since improved and shouldn't be much of a problem. The newer L4s also have the rounded body, compared to the old ones with the flats at the sides, so it's pretty much up to personal preference for the body type. Hope that helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok - im answering this to the best of my knowledge - if im wrong someone else will correct me in a little while

1 - there is a newer body style but to my knowledge it is the body not he KL4 head bit of the L4 that has changed

2 - as far as i know you can put the Kl4 Head can be put on any Executive body - E1, E1e, E2, E2e (the standard L4 body is a E2e with a different marking
It also Fits on a few other aftermarket bodys - like the vitalgear bodies - just make sure you dont go over 6V for the KL4 Head

3 - Yes you can put the KL1 Head on the L4 body - the KL1 head will run on anything from 3-9 volts (Its runtime on 3x123 is pretty long) im not too sure about the new KL1 head though -

The L4 is a great light - especially on Pilas - its my Edc

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works great with Pila 168s batteries and if you want a short light, use that E1e body and a Lithium Ion 123.

Shamless plug

sbebenelli

Enlightened
OK, Thanks everone!! I'm going to buy one. I have the new KL1 coming that I should have Wed that I was going to put on my e1e. Between the e1e, KL1 and L4 I'll be able to mix and match.