SL Jr. Luxeon + lanyard vs Dorcy 1w

ps56k

Enlightened
For camping, we had been using a classic Mini-mag for years, with a lanyard loop around our neck. Makes it easy to find, turn on, use, turn off... especially when it's cold and we have gloves and it's difficult digging into pockets. Then we recently acquired the Dorcy 2AA and had been using that. Looking for something a little brighter, the Streamlight Jr Luxeon was suggested.... but it doesn't have a place for a lanyard loop. Any ideas ????

Also - just saw a thread about the new Dorcy 1w-2AA light... should be interesting. Was almost going to get the 1w-3AAA version, but the "tint" comments, along with the bulky size did not seem a good fit for hanging around my neck while camping.

2dim

Enlightened
The Jr. is a great little light. Reasonable size, perfectly even beam without hotspot, regulated and can use NiMH cells, and light in weight. The lanyards sold here by Tardis have a thin nylon loop at the detachable end which easily attaches inside the tailcap or around the body too, if elastic band is used. I put a few on just for grip. Otherwise, any camping store has AA accessories that generally fit, such as those by 'Nite-eyes' [spelling?] which include different carrying options.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the Jr. Luxeon would be a little too long for lanyard carry around your neck, if thats what you are after. Its more than half a foot long, and has no lanyard attachment point. OTOH, it puts out good light and isn't that much bigger than the min-mag you are used to.

If you have more money than you know what to do with, you could get a Surefire E1E. Its small, and brighter than a 2D mag.

You should get plenty of other good suggestions that aren't so costy.

best regards

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jr. is a fantastic light. It does have a clip, so pocket/jacket carry is easy.

Brighter than all hell, rivals my 3 watt Gerber 3.0.

Great bang for the buck.