Support SAR teams Devastated By FL. Hurricanes!!

SpecialAgent

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys/Gals, Hope none of you take this post as spamming..but what follows is some serious stuff and we as AMERICANS/Men of whats right, gotta help. My best friend is a member of a all volunteer Search and Rescue team that was devastated by several hurricanes that hit Florida.They need Equiptment and money..I'll cut to the chase cuz no one likes beatin around the bush.They lost ALOT of gear during the many SAR missions they performed during mother natures wrath. They got nailed and I have 250 Pictures to prove it...real bad but they didnt ask me to help...I just did.Why? Cuz these guys would be here in my state in a heartbeat(and they would pay for it out of their own pockets!!) in seconds if God forbid something happend where I or YOU live.Trust me on this one...as a Tactics guy,former Volunteer Mountain Rescue(Ortega Hwy Station 51 and CDF SAR/Arson Investigator) I can tell you this group of guys I speak of now have some of the best operators and best crews I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with(I am NOT a member of LASAR just a donor/supporter!),I know these guys and to say they are heroes is an understatement. Who are they and where are they? Thanks for asking....... they can be found on the web here> http://www.lasar.net your contributions are of course tax deductible etc etc. I head up California relief efforts for these guys and will be having a coffe table set up on Pacific Coast Hwy In Corona del Mar Calif in front of Albertsons Super Market in the coming days with my 8 yr old son.I will try and have a couple of LASAR patches for large donors and other items for raffle.I dont want the hassle of taking money..just go directly to them and do they right thing as an American or our international fans of SAR teams (If you are an International fan, remember who ALWAYS comes to your assistance in tradgedies and acts of terrorism or Mother Nature....yup, The USA and chances are the help comes from volunteer teams like LASAR who do so out of their own pockets!!!)L.A.S.A.R stands for Lower Alabama Search and Rescue,most of the guys are former Military guys,cops,firemen and all around heroes the likes of which many of us have ever had the honor of knowing.I have many Photos and will be sending links to those photos along with a possible Raffle of a LASAR patch or patches to the highest bidders who confirm thier donation to the SAR Team. (Details of this to follow, In your donation just write "Detective377" somewhere in your letter with a check made out to LASAR and I will make sure you get recognition or a patch from my collection)

Again, I know I am new to this fine forum and apologize if I have violated forum posting rules,but I am willing to take the heat for this purpose.
Again, Dont send anything to me unless you meet me at my booth at the beach in SoCal and write a check to LASAR which I will pay the postage.

What should you give? here is what I gave cuz I have a wife, kid and on a budget like most working stiffs...$100 bucks cash,a brand new pair of Armored NIKON 10X50 Binos valued at over 200 bucks and my son is giving 20 bucks, thats one months allowance for an eight year old!! cool, eh?.
Check your kit guys.......I did..any extra lightsticks/glowsticks,first aid kit you have doubles of,bandages,Fire/EMT gear of all sorts,pry bars,generators(they burned out all of theirs)Climbing gear,ropes,rescue 8's,Rappelling seats,Optics,Strobes......you get the drift. If you need help with postage to Alabama(they handle everything from beyond Pensacola to everything east covering most of the Gulf of Mexico past Mobile Alabama.) lemme know,I'll paypal you.
once again, it is http://www.lasar.net
Do it cuz it is the Right thing to do!
Thanks for hearing me out guys, I will be uploading some WILD pics in the next coupla days and linking you to them or posting a few in here...can you say twisted metal??I have a disc full of them, if anyone wants a full disc of over 250+ Pics of Ivans fury Taken by a member of LASARs Search and Rescue hotshots, just ask.Amazing pics I assure you.

Best Regards,
John the Investigator-SA/CT-anti Terrorism intel
Bonifides w/ Govt verification weblink given on request only

SpecialAgent

Newly Enlightened
Okay Stein, Thanks bro for your heads up...good job showing just how evil my keyboard can be.It wasnt me, I typed Net yet the keyboard has this friggen little evil takeover thingie (I'm getting technical here) and whammo!...anyways, for your quick headsup I have a patch for you.Name the kind of patch you want.Fire/SAR/Military Special OPS/NAVSPECWARCOM,Police Special tactics/swat sniper teams I work with,Police agencies from California,limited amount of federal Patches.I have a cool US Secret Service Counter Assualt team Patch (Claw,subdued and the real deal) with your name on it.all for free for pointing out my inability to type. Thanks

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Support SAR teams Devastated By FL. Hurricanes

I was just there, I bet I saw some of those guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif