Anybody try the CountyComm sleeping bags yet?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Is the black $40.00 one a Snugpak? if so is it a Merlin or Softie?

Who made the cheaper green one?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anybody try tthe Countycomm sleeping bags yet?

[ QUOTE ]
AR15Fan said:
Is the black 440.00 one a Snugpak Merlin or Softie?

Who made the cheaper green one?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you mean $40 right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i was thinking the black one is a Wiggies??????????

i think im gonna be ordering one for my dad soon.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened

Yes, $40.00. I have both Wiggy's and Snugpack bags in my collection. The $40 bag resembles a snupack in both the bag and compression sack design.

I was wondering if anyone bought one and has had a chance to inspect it up close?

MichiganMan

Enlightened

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that if its $40, its not a Softie Merlin.

I mean, there's "Wow, that's a good price." and then there's "Ho-lee %*#$!! Quick, buy ten of them mothers before the company finds out what they've done and fires the guy responsible!!!"

CC normally falls into the former.

[EDIT]
Hmm, I have to say those look really intriguing...can't be... the picture does look different than the Merlins. I have to say I'm open to dissenting opinions.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i'll let you guys know what i think when i get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif well i actually got it for my dad but i'll compare it to my North Face Trinity- which i got new in the same price range($50)

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Yeah, me too. The "profiled" appearance of the bag as well as the manner in which they chose to photograph the compression bag makes very very curious. Given the above clues, I'll be a little disappointed if its not a Softie. I can't quite match up the stats to any particular model tho', could be a Wiggy, or even a Snugpak Travelpak. But if not I can at least hope that whatever it is will give me a good $40 of use, which shouldn't be too hard. My kids need a new bag anyhow.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
The nearly complete lack of loft in the open pic is consistant with my Snugpak softie

paulr

Flashaholic
Is the lack of loft a good thing?? I wouldn't have thought so.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Its deceptive in the case of the Snugpaks. The material doesn't need a lot of loft to work. (It helps they don't advertise most of the Snugpaks with seriously cold comfort levels) Snugpak Softies appear to be the real deal in what they offer. Definitely a find if you can get a good deal on them.

metalhed

Enlightened
It would appear that the bags are no longer available?

The page describing the bags is not accessible. Maybe they sold out already? I ordered two late last night...hope I got the order placed in time.

BTW, I was hoping, based on the temperature ratings, that it might be a better rated Softie than the Merlin...but who knows? For $40 bucks I don't think you can go wrong.

drchow

Newly Enlightened
I think someone here loudly elaborated via a post the retail version name here and Countycomm yanked it to avoid PR/Issues with the manufacturer??

I'd be interested if they're in stock again.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
drchow said:
I think someone here loudly elaborated via a post the retail version name here and Countycomm yanked it to avoid PR/Issues with the manufacturer??

I'd be interested if they're in stock again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would hope not as poor Ol' countycomm has no control over our speculations. well i just hope i get the one i ordered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
It will be interesting to see what you get. For $40.00 you are typically looking at made in China chopped fiber crap (Northfarce)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
A little while ago I ordered a few of those Spec Ops All Purpose bags, same screen pops up for them as well...looks like that means out of stock. I'm sure Nick or Frank will let us know soon.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
drchow said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that must be it, no possible way they sold out, that never happens, what with customers making multiple item purchases of a limited inventory product and all. Why I bet CountComm is just steamed at the attention they've gotten... Any thoughts on why other products on the site had their pages removed? I'd be interested.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
There are several possibilities.

1. They sold out.

2. They are Snugpak bags, and Snugpak or other Snugpak dealers complained.

3. The ad lead people to believe it was a Snugpak bag, but it's not, and people complained.

BTW; Emails to Countycomm have went unanswered.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Bag page is back up. Lots like Black is out of stock, but green is in stock. anybody get theirs yet?