Saw several of the recently discussed LED lights.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I had to go to Walmart for needed things. So while I was out I visited Target.

I saw the Eddie Bauer 1W light. If you use a thumbnail you can turn them on. The two I tried were pretty impressive! In a brightly lit store, I could see the beam on the ceiling! It feels pretty substantial too.
Only things that kept me from buying were a: Price. $40 is not chicken feed to me! and b: N cells. It's somewhat blueish of beam, and I really don't see how it can stay very bright for very long on N cells!

Then I checked out the Dorcy 3AAA 1W. Interesting light. Decent size, nice deep reflector. Main thing that kept me from buying that is the switching. I rather detest switching through modes (which is why my 1L and 2L TTs have Kroll switches). Also $25 isn't exactly cheap when you are me!

The Foresight 2AA 3LED light body looks EXACTLY like a Silver ??? light I had from Academy. It also bears a strong resemblance to a Craftsman 2AA light (Dorcy). For $10 I very nearly bit.... but I have a couple of different 2AA lights modded simply with 5MM LED's and don't REALLY NEED another!

The Foresight 3AAA 6LED 1Incandescent light didn't do much for me. Not nearly enough that I might spend $20.

So in a very serious departure from normal flashaholic behavior, I didn't buy anything that produces light today.

On the plus side, I can put away about half of what it takes to get my KL3 "Chop"ed!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy Joe, I'm now in the same boat as you. I just bought a condo and my mortgage payment with condo fees is nearly double my rent so nice flashlight purchases will probably only occur during tax returns and then will have to compete with other necessities. Having said that, the $70 I spent on my Chop'd KL1 with 3W Luxeon and reflector was money very well spent. I use it on an E2 body with a clickie tail switch and I think I like it more then even my VIP. It also works quite well on an E1. I have been reading the post on the new KL1 with 3W Luxeon and I don't know why Surefire doesn't use a reflector as that is more their expertise.

However for Christmas gifts, I'll be looking at some $30 or so Luxeon lights.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I might consider getting my motorcycle racer buddy either a UK4AA Eled or a Streamlight JR Luxeon for Christmas.

But he is the only guy (or girl) I know that might actually use and not sneer at me for giving it!

But I myself have neither of those. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
PlayboyJoeShmoe,

I recommend the Streamlight Junior Luxeon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I bought one to try and one of the guys at work bought it from me. This compares favorably to your MiniMag with a Sandwich.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I am mostly of the notion (and financial position) that I only buy locally except for special cases like Lambda pill, XM3, and "Chop"ed KL3.

I need to get down to Central Police and see what they have.