What is your favorite Surefire Lumamax model?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is the L2.

Beautiful beam, good tint, and exceptional runtime on low. I find that for 99% of my needs, the low setting (15 lumens) is plenty of light. And it runs a long time regulated on low. For the 1% of the time I need more light, there is 100 lumens of light for about 30 minutes. I find the L2 to be exceptionally handy.

I also like the concept of the L1, but I wish Surefire would make changes. Up the low beam setting to 5 lumens and regulate it. Give it a textured reflector, and better tint. Both my L1s have terrible tint and mediocre beam quality, which I think is easy to fix with the reflector and better LED. Adding a little more light on low plus regulation would make it nearly perfect, IMO.

Which Lumamax is your favorite?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I use t he L2 the most. I have a variety of different flashlights and even now, the two-stage switched output is very useful.

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
L4 - wall of light that can be mixed and matched with E1E/E2E series parts and has great aftermarket product support(heads, tailcaps, bodies, etc) And its easy to make an L4 Defender - which is now my EDC light.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TheSteve said:
L4 - wall of light that can be mixed and matched with E1E/E2E series parts and has great aftermarket product support(heads, tailcaps, bodies, etc) And its easy to make an L4 Defender - which is now my EDC light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty cool about making the L4 a defender.

However, I bet in California using a defender to defend would be illegal. (self defense is looked down upon in this liberal cesspool).

supes

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TheSteve said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow cool, could you give me more info about the L4 defender? I think I might have seen this before on the forums. Sounds like something for me since I'm about to get a L4. Thanks

dtsoll

Enlightened
The L4 since it is the only one I have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love it though, took me a long time to choke up the cash for it. Sure glad I did now!! I am really interested in an L1, hopefully surefire will upgrade the L1 as 357 suggested, although I haven't seen any in person! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the L4 a lot, even with the stock switch. With the two-stage, it's pretty tough to beat.

Given the choice between the L4 and the L2, I'd pick the L4 because of the smaller size, even if I couldn't get the two-stage switch as an aftermarket mod.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If I didn't have a McE2S switch for my KL4, I'd have to throw my vote toward the L2.
It comes stock with two levels, and even though it's longer, I think it is a bit more versatile.

This is my 2¢ though; individual opinions may vary.

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the L2 is regulated at both levels. The low level regulation is almost flat, while the high level regulation is partial. IIRC, the L4 is NOT regulated in low mode if you buy the switch.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite would have to be the L4. I love the wall of light it produces in a tiny package.

BTW, what is the low runtime with the McGizmo tailcap mounted on the L4?

redcar

Enlightened
Stock L1. Low mode is perfect for reading and high is just right for around the house.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The L4 is still a class act ... so small ... so bright ... and with the McE2S there is nothing to be desired!
bernhard

P.S.: one could point out that my perspective is a bit flawed since the only other L-Light I ever owned was the L6 ... but that won't stop me from jumping on this thread! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
The L4 is very nice because of its small size and perfect flood, but the L6 is my favorite because it's a 'full-size' light that can act as the main light in the backpack of a serious adventurer. It has good throw, good runtime and can run for extended periods of time without getting too hot. It's the champ among the 5W's at the time being, IMHO. Maybe the U2 will take the crown soon...

Starshiptrupr

Newly Enlightened
L1, modded with a TWOK Luxeon III and fraen optic. If Surefire ever releases the "new" L1 I'll probably get another.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Favorite Lumamax would have to be the L4
Mine is my Edc on Pila 168s and it is awesome - i dont have a Mce2s yet - i would love one but i cant pay for one - i dont have a credit card or paypal and i live in australia
makes it kinda hard to get.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15s, are you saying that you use your L2 more than the U2? I know you handle a lot of Surefires, so I respect your opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif