• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***OVER*** Pre sale on Aleph heads

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, after I finally had the opportunity to mess around with an Aleph III, I just had to get in on building some of these. I have parts for a few heads coming in and thought that I would conduct a pre-sale to get an idea on the interest in these, to determine whether I will continue to offer pre-built Aleph heads. If I continue to offer these, I will also be offering pre-built light engines.

What I am offering now are the following. All will be built with TWOJ Lux III emitters and will come in Black HA:

1. An Aleph I head with 27mm McR reflector. I can build this with either a DownBoy1000 , BadBoy600, or MadMax+. The cost for this head will be $130 plus $5 for shipping via USPS Priority with insurance.

2. An Aleph II head with 20mm McR reflector. It only makes sense to build this with either a BadBoy600 or MadMax+. The cost for this head will be $132 plus $5 for shipping via USPS Priority with insurance.

3. An Aleph III head with 38mm McR reflector. Although I can build this with any converter, I would suggest the DownBoy1000. The cost of this head will be $145 plus $5 for shipping via USPS Priority with insurance.

The shipping prices quoted are within the CONUS. International orders will pay actual shipping and the buyer will dictate the terms of shipping (insured or not, etc.) and will assume all responsibility for lost items.

I will accept PayPal only (for now). If you are making payment by account transfer via PayPal, send payment to [email protected]

If you are making payment by credit card via PayPal, send payment to [email protected] and add 3% to help with the fees.

Please include your CPF handle and a description of your order in the note section of the PayPal payment.

As I said, these parts are on their way to me and I anticipate receiving them within the week. That is why I'm calling this a pre-sale. Once I get them, it shouldn't take me long to assemble them and get them out.

For those of you that wish to also purchase a light body with the head of your choice, I will also have:

A. Two 1X123 bodies at $22 each
B. Two 1.5X123 bodies at $24 each
C. Two 2X123 bodies at $26 each

I will also have complete McE2S switches for $45 each. Please specify the value of the resistors that you want.

Please note that I will only sell light bodies and switches with the built heads.

If you want any of the above heads, post with an "I'll take it" and PM me. Please specify in your post exactly what it is that you want. Posts take priority over PM's. Please don't post if you don't intend to follow through with the deal.

What I have offered above is what I have coming in. If you are interested in another configuration, get in touch with me and we'll work it out.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pre sale on Aleph heads

Is there not much interest in these or is it that you guys just don't like the idea of a presale?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, at least a couple are interested. Consider this a standing offer. If you want a particular configuration, PM me.

G Pilot

Enlightened

Are you selling just parts to make these or only offering to build them?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am offering to build them, but I'd imagine that I could sell them also. I'd have to think about it. PM me.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

basically you're selling turnkeys for those what dont want to risk messing up by building their own. neat idea. It's also worth mentioning that Aleph heads will work with McLux tubes. I confirmed this with Don. Since i like the smooth tubes better.

Shane

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hallis,

You're exactly right. I like doing this stuff and I have the equipment to do it correctly and fairly quickly.

I'm glad that you mentioned the use of the McLux bodies. The Aleph series of components is very flexible. When I got my first set of Aleph parts, I built myself a light engine and had a blast swapping the LE among homemade mods and different Aleph heads. It's amazing the impact that just changing the head can have on performance.

In fact, I just pulled the LE out of my sub 3" pocket light and threw it into the Aleph III to take the dog out to the lake for a walk.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, Aleph heads have definately raised the bar as far as interchangability of components. Ive got a McLux TK and a DB917/LuxV/3x123 Mclux on their way to me so i am looking into an aleph head to play with. Ging to have to order from Don directly though as i want Bare aluminum instead of HA black. since all my tubes are going to be Bare or EN silver. If i can run down some black McLux tubes and switches id love to get my hands on some more heads and whatnot. Like a kid in a candy store i tell ya.

Shane

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hallis,

If you already have a light based on the 27mm reflector, you might want to try an Aleph II. Very pocketable. When my next shipment arrives, I'm gonna try stripping one of its HA and removing the knurling from the head, just to see how it looks.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, forgot to mention the other mclux has a PR head on it. Im looking to get a PR-T just to have one. Im interested to see your results of the HA and knurling removal. About the onlything i reallydont like about the aleph series is the tailswitch, i just like the McLux one better, kindof has a "Machine Age" look to it. I'm trying to get my hands on some more McLux parts, heatd, tubes, whatever. Just posted a WTB in the B/S/T area. maybe i'll get some hits.

When i do break into the Aleph series i think im going to try to build my own LE first, using an inexpensive emmitter and board so if i mess up there's no big loss.

Shane