Living in Europe -not good if you're hooked on flashlights

recercare

Enlightened
Living in Europe -not good if you\'re hooked on flashlights

Most of the flashlights mentioned in this forum are seldom found in Europe. That is pretty darn annoying.
mad.gif

However, Maglites, Silvas and Petzls are easy to find. I guess Silva is not easy to get in US considering it's a Swedish product.
smile.gif

I decided to get Energizer ArcWhite and Folding LED Lantern. I searched Norwegian WEB-sites, importers and distributors. I also checked every single sport/outdoor and toolshops in town without luck. The only option was to contact Energizer's office in UK. However, they couldn't help much either, which is somewhat strange considering the size of this company and the fact that I have seen Energizer batteries in almost every shop here.
rolleyes.gif

I gave up and began looking for Surefire. I located one shop in Norway, and the E2 there cost 100$! The same shop provided Streamlights as well, to absurd prices.
shocked.gif

Princton Techs and Black Diamond products were impossible to find.

Then i took a stroll in the town center to buy a pair of socks. Most amazingly i saw the ArcWhite in a little basket outside a nearby grocery-store. Behind that basket was the Folding LED Lantern and all Double Barrel models! A little later i went to a book-shop to buy pencils and notebooks. There i saw Princton Tech headlamps on sale and Underwater Kinetics Lightcannon 100, which i have spent 100 hours (at least) trying to find in diving, sport and outdoor shops.
I think i will begin looking in restaurants or cinemas to find Black Diamond products.......
grin.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Living in Europe -not good if you\'re hooked on flashlights

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by recercare:
Most of the flashlights mentioned in this forum are seldom found in Europe. That is pretty darn annoying<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason is simple: It's because this forum is crowded by USamericans .-)

And it is better than vice versa: Most of the US vendors have no problems to send their parcels to Europe and almost all accept credit cards. Many European shops do not take credit cards and make paying annoying and expensive and slow.
Another advantage: All US shops I know speak English .-) (somewhat at least).
And they usually have email and a website.

JB

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Most amazingly i saw the ArcWhite in a little basket outside a nearby grocery-store. Behind that basket was the Folding LED Lantern and all Double Barrel models! A little later i went to a book-shop to buy pencils and notebooks. There i saw Princton Tech headlamps on sale and Underwater Kinetics Lightcannon 100, which i have spent 100 hours (at least) trying to find in diving, sport and outdoor shops. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, those are weird places to find flashlights. Hah, but like I often say: you find the things you want at the most unexpected places and times. Enjoy the lights you find!

funk

Enlightened

Flashlights are sold in the most amazing places - it just shows you how diverse a product and how diverse the users are. The most flashlights in the world are sold in Electronics stores. Outdoor shops, sports shops, Dive shops would represent the smallest market segment I would guess. I was told that these kind of accessories are the hardest things for sporting goods stores in Europe to sell.

Buy them where you can buy them.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Check out http://www.cluson.co.uk I have one and I'm impressed, you can't buy on line which is a shame but you can call them or e-mail.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Flashlights are hard to find in England. For some reason they're called "torches" or something - I forget...

Al
grin.gif