Red Led safety lights. 6 modes

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stumbled across a good emergency/survival light. It uses 2 AAA batteries(included). Has 5 red leds activated by pushing the little rubber switch on the back which also contains a pocket clip. The 6 modes are as follows

constant on(well sorta, it does a VERY fast flickering apparently to save battery life, you can barely notice the flickering though, can still use it to read by)

fast strobe(about .5 seconds apart)

slow strobe(2 seconds apart)

scan mode (2 led, next 2 leds, then remaining led)

reverse scan(goes in opposite direction of above mode)

fast scan(good attention getter)

OFF

as mentioned the units uses 2 AAA batteries which can easily be changed by taking a small coin or key and pivoting it in a notch at either end of the light, lens(which comes in different colors) pops right off and exposes everything including the batteries. this is probably an easily moddable light. it's the same form factor as a small pager but actually even smaller.

i've got one now residing in my survival kit.

UPDATE pics of mine and i also have a video clip(~25 seconds) if someone can host it for me somehow.
IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
Those look pretty nice.
I have one like the red one, but it only has one mode. Strobes about once a second.

These would make great markers for hiking caving etc, especially if we can get them alittle cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wonder how long they will run?

I will expect your runtimes soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-John

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
Those look pretty nice.
I have one like the red one, but it only has one mode. Strobes about once a second.

These would make great markers for hiking caving etc, especially if we can get them alittle cheaper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wonder how long they will run?

I will expect your runtimes soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-John

[/ QUOTE ]

little cheaper? is that a hint to me? i may be able to do $10 but we'll see........... gotta calculate.

how much did you pay for your 1 mode version? i think this might be a different brand cause i don't think they have a 1 mode version.

sorry, i dont think im the one to do a runtime test as i don't have the proper means to do so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
oh ... colors! gives me that melancholic feeling of old ... I'd be in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif !
bernhard

P.S.: if you'd ship intl., that is ...

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
kiessling, i think i'd be able to do international shipping.

the manufacture website is here:
http://www.funsourcellc.com

the one im talking about is the original.

to order from there website it costs $9.99 and im sure their shipping would send that over the cost of going through me.

if it would help spark more interest i could take some pics of mine for size comparison and maybe even do a little video clip of the different modes?

once i see a couple more people are interested i will post in the B/S/T forums. in the mean time please PM me.

MODERATORS: please don't move this post as i was primarily to show off a new led light i found.

hausenfefr

Newly Enlightened
heres one!!

I have been a cpf reader for quite some time now but this thread made me join up. I am a flashaholic but my first love was blinkies. you can find this blinker here:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=240&item=FSH-6&type=store

for $5 plus shipping. I know Technomoves.com had a green one for $3 some time ago but they dont seem to have it anymore (other cool blinkies though). I had the green one going in my window for about 3 weeks on chase mode before the batteries ffinally gave out. they are great little blinkies.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: heres one!!

[ QUOTE ]
hausenfefr said:
I have been a cpf reader for quite some time now but this thread made me join up. I am a flashaholic but my first love was blinkies. you can find this blinker here:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=240&item=FSH-6&type=store

for $5 plus shipping. I know Technomoves.com had a green one for $3 some time ago but they dont seem to have it anymore (other cool blinkies though). I had the green one going in my window for about 3 weeks on chase mode before the batteries ffinally gave out. they are great little blinkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

that still doesn't look like the same light.

mine does have a constant ON mode and comes with the 2 AAA batteries already loaded.(just noticed that one you mentioned says 2 AA? im sure it would be considerably bigger than mine). mine also comes with a choice of lens color.

that place in the link does charge $6.00 so it would come to $10.95

i'll do the ones i've found for $10.75 shipped in CONUS and probably $14.75 shipped.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, i've posted in B/S/T for anyone that wants one.

these are great emergency/survival kit lights.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened

Hi...looked at your photo -- I have one of those: the switch is a yellow rubber button on the back, right? Got it at my local Modell's (sporting goods store chain), it was tucked in the back near the skating equipment. If I recall, it was 6 or 7 bucks. Don't see it on the Modell's web site, though.

jtice

Flashaholic

Mine can be seen here.
Its just one mode, strobe abou once a second, with a tiny grey push button on the back, 2AAA

collection_6-19-04_09.jpg

hmmm that 2AA version sounds cool, that would have great runtime.
Too bad it doesnt come in diff. colors. thats whats so nice about these others.

eh, i might have to grab me a couple.

-John

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I found this one at a dollar store and couldn't resist.
Pdrm0438RS.jpg

It uses 2AA batteries comes with a bar mount clamp a stretchy arm band and has 7 modes.
Pdrm0440RS.jpg

(With red cover removed. the modes are:
1)all on
2)all flash fast
3)all flash slow
4)flash outside LEDs to inside center LEDs
5)flash center LED to outside LEDs
6)flash outside to center fast
7)alternate double flash center then outside, middle then outside
8)off
it seems to have a rubber/plastic seal so it should be water resistant.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I found one like that at a dollar store, too. Didn't get the strap, but it did come with batteries (which leaked). The LEDs aren't aimed the greatest but it actually makes a nice little night light.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I usually take the cheapo no name super duper extra spectacular heavy duty batteries and put them on my battery draining nite light rig I got set up and use alkalines or nimh instead. I don't trust heavy duty no names in anything worth keeping around. They either leak or have so much cardboard padding in them they can't last longer than a lethargic firefly in a snowstorm.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
neogoon said:
Hi...looked at your photo -- I have one of those: the switch is a yellow rubber button on the back, right? Got it at my local Modell's (sporting goods store chain), it was tucked in the back near the skating equipment. If I recall, it was 6 or 7 bucks. Don't see it on the Modell's web site, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, yellow button on back.

wow, pretty good price!

jtice, PM me good sir if you want one....."good man discount" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Flying Turtle said:
I found one like that at a dollar store, too. Didn't get the strap, but it did come with batteries (which leaked). The LEDs aren't aimed the greatest but it actually makes a nice little night light.

[/ QUOTE ]

the version i have is pretty well put together and the leds look good and straight.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

The one I have is pretty sturdy and the LEDs are angled out the further you get from the center one, which is actually part of the design. The only thing I dont like is the battery holding system. It is so tight it sometimes takes me a screwdriver to get one of the batteries out of it, but that would probably be good for some of the shorter nimh cells people get.

DaveT

Enlightened

I got some of the ones 4X4 is showing on closeout from Sports Authority last year sometime - $4 each. They're not bad.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've posted pics now in the original post and i've also got a video of the different lighting modes if someone can host it for me or whatever.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Got mine here. He's selling the red ones for $3.25. He used to post here...if you are looking for a "group buy", he may cut you a deal - never know until you ask.

Someone should drop him a note...I think I bought about 20 or so from him, gave a lot away and kept some for my own family/vehicles/emergency packs etc...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The light I have looks like a knockoff it is almost identical in appearance with the exception of an oval switch on the side and a red lens instead of a clear lens. Probably yours came first and the chinese copied it. what would be neat is if they put a boost converter and a few white LEDs on the side so you could also use it as a flashlight.