What is your favoite Mini-Mag led replacement bulb

L

led_replacement

Mine is the Tektite LT-1
The LT-1 will last 15 hours in the Mini-Mag. No modification is need to the Mini-Mag or reflector. It is truly a drop in led replacement bulb. The same led LT-1 fits the Mini-Mag 2xaa and the Mini-Mag 2xaaa without any modification. The LT-1 is a ground down Nichia led that acts like a side emitter led making use of the reflector to focus the beam.
What is your favorite Mini-Mag led replacement and why?
Thanks
led_replacement
http://www.led-replacement.com/LT-1.html /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Mine is the the Lambda 3W High dome Super Pill.

Why? 'Cause it is bloody awesome!! It's white, bright, has excellent side spill, and throws pretty far for something that uses such a small reflector. All this goodness come in the form of a little package that just plops right into stock mini mag.

Did I mention that it is awesome??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
For general utility use (close up) I think nothing beats the Opalec Newbeam!

Overall, the Lambda 3W High Dome Drop in pill (HDDIP).

As mentioned above it is bloody AWESOME!!! And it can be defocused to a wide flood for close work. Only drawback (which is where the Newbeam shines!) is about 2hr. runtime. (Opalec has 10).

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to change this thread, but why does this 3 watt drop in run for two hours, and the Streamlight one watt only run for one hour, and change.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
All I can figure is that they drive the everyliving SNOT out of the 1W in the Streamlight.

To be somewhat fair, I think 1 hour is on alk. A couple of NimH should go 1.5 or a bit more.

And the Lambda probably won't do 2 hours on alk.

And besides, at the kind of use I and many of us do (minutes at a time and not more than 20-30 minutes in a day) we are talking a pretty long time on a set of batteries.

And I would ALWAYS use NimH... runs for free! And I keep some charged ones in my truck because my CD Player runs 'em too.

pianoman

Enlightened
Re: What is your favoite Mini-Mag led replacement

Go sandwich shoppe GO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

My only gripe with sandwiches is (well two really)...

The pink/purple tint of the two Madmax I've seen, and being locked into using an optic.

I haven't been to the shoppe lately, so I might be talking out of my A$$...

But having seen a 3W driven at 600ma through a reflector, I have seen perfection!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may look into something like that. Got 3 mag lites laying around.

haley1

Enlightened

Question about the LT-1. Is it about the same as the old Infinity, lumen wise, spill wise, ect.

Krit

Enlightened

Miniprolight engine of lambda with luxeon III. It can use both 1 AA and 2AA cell. Although the battery is seem to be empty it can make a useful light. or you cam get the SMD+ with the bright with reasonal cheap price.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite drop-in replacement for the Mini-Mag is the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon. It doesn't just replace the bulb, but is a drop-in for the entire flashlight. It is also available at an economical price compared to most other drop-ins for the MiniMag.