Fixing the cloudy lens of the Nuwai-III?

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
The inside of the lens is cloudy. I would like to fix it but I am fairly ignorant of what I will encounter if I take it apart. My understanding from an old thread is that you take out the battery and put the light in a sealed baggy and boil for 5 minutes to loosen the epoxy in order to open it. Is it trivial from there? Will it be hard to get it back together? As it is it works well. But one would think it might work better with a clear lens.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I'm not sure how to fix it, but I don't really think it will make much difference.

My lens is dirty (the outside appears to have attracted much dust), but the beam intensity and appearance is unaffected by this. It's as bright as it was when I first got it, and the beam shape etc., is also the same.

red_robby

Enlightened
i did just yesterday, you can replace the plastic lens with a glass lens from the sandwich shop(22.5mm)
you'll need to boil it in a baggy first. i used needle nose pliers and a strap wrench. you'll have to unscrew the reflector while it's still hot...

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
me too yesterday have replaced the plexy lens with a mineral crystal... now i think i have gain about 5% of more output and the the crystal is easier to clean.

now i want to know how i can smooth the reflector... i prefer a hot spot not this wide...

for open the head and the reflector just heat the flashlight at around 100° centigrades