PM6 LED vs. Gerber LX3

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to think about Christmas presents and was wondering which of these would be a good present for a friend who is an outdoorsman/hunter. They are both about the same price so that's not really an issue.

I know I'm going to hate myself for this but; are there any other options I might have overlooked that fall within the same parameters?

TIA,
LT

dtsoll

Enlightened
Well, if your friend is not a flashaholic, 123's may be expensive for him, so, maybe the Gerber would be better. Just a thought!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
Have you considered the UK 4AA eLED or the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon? They run off cheap AA's and both lights are in the $20-$30 range. They both use Luxeon 1W's, which should be enough for typical outdoor use.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want to give something bombproof and doesn't give him a reason to want a Mag handy.

I'm mixed on 123s vs. AAs since he's out in the weather sometimes I'd like reliability to dictate of course part of that is battery availability.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but that's one ugly light bombproof or otherwise. I think something that has form and function would be optimal.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both the Gerber LX 3.0, and the PM 6 LED.

I tend to use the AA powered light(s) MUCH more than the 123 lights. That said, the 2/123 lights get carried outside, more than the bigger lights, simply because of form factor.

With a Streamlight Jr. Lux, a Gerber LX 3.0, a Gerber Trio, and my Streamlight Task-Light Luxeon, I'm in happy city being able to use cheap AA's for most of my needs.