Old 6P mods...

Steve C

Enlightened
I have an OLD 6P, purchased back before SureFire became "cool"; we're talking like 1990. It is well-used, but in good shape.

It has resided in my "war bag", as a spare, for many years now. I'm thinking about putting a KL-3 head on it for use as an around-the-house/general-purpose light, and I have a couple of questions.

With the KL-3, what is the average run-time on a pair of fresh 123s? I did a search, but it seems the discussions on "modding" kept clouding the issue, and I never saw a clear answer...

Also, I'm interested in the Z49 clickie switch tail cap. Does this increase the overall length of the light, as opposed to the standard issue tail cap?

2dim

Enlightened
Hey, wasabe, wassup? Got my ALX mods [supposedly better throw than your ProMag] and a SUPER laser from 4sevens. Have you a modded 6p? If so I'd like to see, before the weekend if possible. I've got a 6z, same older vintage, but with a P61 lamp. Real nice -- for 20 minutes! Need a glass lens, I think. May head to OHIO very early Saturday morning for a big gunshow. Wanna go? Do you drive stick shift? Will PM my phone numbers.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Here's a link to Roy's runtime plots for a UBH-KL3 2x123. It shows 4 hours & 40 minutes to half brightness.

UBH = Universal Barrery Holder

The runtime would be the same as a 6P since both are 2x123.

Steve C

Enlightened
Cool.

I've got a borrowed one of these to check out tonight too, in addition to the A2. A colleague wants to trade me a like-new KL-3 for my used E2e (old style bezel).

I know, that's somewhat of a disparity of value in his favor, but I got the E2e several years ago in trade for something that cost me nothing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

If I do get an A2, the 6P will stay in the war bag as a spare; and a more versatile one with both incan and LED heads.

Thanks for the link.

Steve C

Enlightened
Its a monster (size-wise), no doubt about it; but this KL-3 sure makes for a VERY nice general-purpose/around-the-house light. I've been using a StreamLight luxeon 3AA Tasklight for this purpose, but the KL-3 has a brighter and broader beam.

Let's see... get a G2 for the war bag spare, give the TaskLight to the grandson.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif