help for internet order for surefire 12zm or 12pm

conejo

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know how to buy in internet su12zm or pm? I cannot find it at surefire web. What is the difference between them?

Can I use a MN61 lamp (500 lumens) in a M4? It is another possibility. Anyone in Europe has ordered to Surefire? Any problem or any remark?

Does anyone know any similar flaslight of other brand?

Thanks

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Hi conejo,

Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

The 12ZM/PM series of lights are not currently available (I don't think they're currently in production). They do come up for sale periodically in CPF's B/S/T forum, it just requires patience.

The good news is that the M4 can use the MN61 (included when purchased) lamp.

I can't comment on shipping to Europe. They use DHL for international shipping, just be prepared to pay taxes/duties.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
Re: help for internet order for surefire 12zm or 1

<font color="purple">Does anybody know how to buy in internet su12zm or pm? I cannot find it at surefire web. What is the difference between them?</font>

These models haven't been produced for several years, so it might be difficult to buy them in a regular store/internet store. My suggestion would be to ask at B/S/T.

<font color="purple"> Can I use a MN61 lamp (500 lumens) in a M4? </font>

The MN61 produces only 350 lumens. The only Lamp which produces 500 Lumens with a 4 Batteries Flashlight is called N62. (Not MN62 as many people think.) It would fit into a M4, but I wouldn't suggest to use it for longer periods than 20-30 seconds because the batteries get very hot very quickly. After 3 minutes of continous use, the light will shut down because of the overheating batteries.

An M6 would be a much better choice.

<font color="purple"> Anyone in Europe has ordered to Surefire? Any problem or any remark? </font>

I don't know what you mean by that. Surefire doesen't ship to Europe and the local dealers are very expensive. The best would be to order a surefire in the US and have it sent to you by someone you know. If you don't know anyone, look at the first post in B/S/T.

<font color="purple"> Does anyone know any similar flaslight of other brand? </font>

As far as I know, Surefire is the only manufacturer of such high quality, high intesity flashlights. Especially if you want to got for 500 lumens.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast

have fun finding one - i found one on Ebay.com.au and went to the atm - made sure i had enough money and then went back to buy it (it had a buy it now link) and it was gone
i was not too happy - i only hope it went to a good home (a cpf member)

Size15's

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Spacemarine said:
The MN61 produces only 350 lumens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The 12PM/12ZM is a great flashlight, but with it's stock N62 Lamp it isn't that practical for the majority of applications (unless you kick down doors for a living I guess).

The M6 is an altogether more powerful flashlight. I suggest you find yourself an M6.

Getting a 12ZM is a dream few of us can ever hope to live!

Al

K-T

*Moderator*

The 12ZM/PM is an impressive light/lite package that performs exceptional well considering the fact that this light was already available more than 5 years ago. The M4 is the evolution of the 12ZM/PM with all its benefits and more. You might want to take a closer look at that light and the M6 depending on your needs/wants.

Ebay and BST are two places to always have an eye on, sometimes NIB lights appear from nowhere for a good price. You can also do a search here on these lights, there were some very good threads on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Klau.s

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Re: help for internet order for surefire 12zm

I got 12ZM for Christmas when they first came out. Back then it was the only light SF marketed as a "force option" light. Now it seems like every SF light is supposed to be a force option light and will supposedly "blind an attacker". Lithium batteries weren't available from Surefire and I was forced to buy copper top cells from Wal-Mart at $5.00 each. The way that 12ZM went through batteries was ridiculous and $20.00 every 20 minutes of use was just too darn expensive for me. As a result I never used the light except for special occasions. Like a dumbass I sold the darn thing on ebay. I think I got $150 for it. Now I kick myself everytime I think about selling that wonderful piece of Surefire engineering. That was before I was a CPF'er and new any better. I'd sure give $150 to have it back. Especially now that batteries are so cheap. Well, not cheap but reasonable.

I really want it back. (edited 05/08)

Last edited:

ConfederateScott

Enlightened

After writing the above post and thinking about selling my 12ZM I got so disgusted I called Surefire and ordered myself a M4. I feel better now.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ConstableScott said:
After writing the above post and thinking about selling my 12ZM I got so disgusted I called Surefire and ordered myself a M4. I feel better now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cpf virus at work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

conejo

Newly Enlightened

Thanks to all for your usefull explanations. ConstableScott, what are you waiting for order an M4? A post like one? Enjoy it!

Excuse for me unknown about BST and NIB. What are their meaning?

Thanks again

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened

Good luck finding a 12ZM for sale your probably more likely to find a 12PM. For some reason my 12ZMs out throw the M6 both w/respective 500 lumen bulbs (N62 vs MN...I forget). Also the 12ZM/N62 beam is sooooo clean and round.
It was/is a light ahead of its time or at least ahead of cheap 123's. I don't really consider the M4 an improvement on it. The M4 is perhaps less specialized but nothing can beat the 12ZM as a pure "combat light"--to use the venacular.
I wish it (the 12ZM) would come back into production, but highly doubt SF can or would do it.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened

I think "Size 15" has a pic. He has pics of everything (everything SF that is).

McShawn

Enlightened

Is their still a bulb made for 12V? Could one add an extension to a 9P with turbo head?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
McShawn said:
Is their still a bulb made for 12V? Could one add an extension to a 9P with turbo head?

[/ QUOTE ]

MN60 200 lumens
MN61 350 lumens
N62 500 lumens

Size15's

Flashaholic

Yes, although the N62 is somewhat hard to get hold of I believe.
And yes, if you had an A19 to a 9P and put a TurboHead on it you can run the N62 from four SF123As.

Al