• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHeart - STOP the PayPals

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
No, this is not another "SOLD OUT" notice as has been the norm for everything else I have offered in the past. Not yet, anyway - this is a warning about a situation developing at PayPal.

They recently installed *New Software* intended to enhance their operations, but just like with nearly every other new software setup (remember the new software we incepted here at CPF a while back?) there are teething glitches to which it appears even the almighty PayPal is not immune. People have been PayPal'ing for their LionHearts as recently as today with mixed rates of success.

So for now, I would ask that the last few people considering getting one either PM or e-mail me for snailmail information. And I say "last few" because it also looks like we could indeed be "SOLD OUT" quite soon.

This is not to say that Five Hundred LionHearts are spoken for; instead, I have been approached by several on-line vendors asking to buy out my remaining inventory. This is a rather tempting proposition for several reasons:

1) no more people dogging and heckling me to death for theirs (it has been my experience that once the build begins, this will inevitably happen)

2) the ordering pace, while a deluge at the start, has now slowed to a slim but steady trickle and I don't have the temperament nor the time to wait around and sell them onesey-twosey style; I would rather get the HAT out here and whipcrack/slavedrive the heck out of'em and be done with it once and for all - so I can continue development work on the new MR Fusion, heh heh...and,

3) it would help broaden exposure for the LionHeart as these vendors sell to a much more diverse and varied audience besides just CPF, thus widening the "customer base" for any new stuff I might dream up. Heck, mebbe even a major mfr. or two might take notice since the vendors regularly order and stock manufactured lights and accessories as well.

And so my dear faithful loyal BulkAlumni, the Time is now near. Meaning if you have been thinking about it (and judging from the amount of e-mails from many of you, most of which bore the same repetitive questions), or perhaps were waiting to move those last few unused toys in order to finance a new LionHeart, please note that you have been forewarned, albeit reluctantly...

I cannot say what their new retail asking prices will be, but rest assured I am willing take a small financial hit to enable them to sell the remaining LionHearts at least near the current figure ($175 on the logo'd HA3s or $164 on the bare aluminums, you are on your own regarding the Pila batteries and chargers). Then again it may evolve into a bidding war (good for me, but bad for you).

I may also work out something along the lines of a DIY kit (hey, no more scorched fingers from building'em) or break up a few light packages and simply sell parts for those who like to keep spares on hand. But we'll have to see, this part is a little premature.

And Thanks for reading this. I do remain, as ever, your humble servant:

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks flash, it was a little pricey for some, most of the causes for which were regrettably beyond my control... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

ledaholic

Enlightened
Go for it MrB. After all, keeping ones head above water is what life is all about right? I can see it now.. Mr Bulk origonals now available in Neiman Marcus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too pricey for me. I have to admit that at first I blamed Mr. Bulk. But in going over his posts, and the feeling behind them, I relize he truly wanted to create a great light that most people could afford. But as he went along putting the best components in, and using best methods, just added up to more then he expected. I wouldn't be surprised if he was not making any profit on this hard work. Think about all the long hours of design, not to mention time to deal with all the questions and orders. There is a reason companies charge handling. You know most stores/vendors make 100% profit on things they sale. A $10 item is sold for $20.

Charlie you don't have to feel guilty about the price you are charging. I don't blame you. I think you are probally charging too little and we are taking advantage of you and your time.

Any way thanks for all you do.

I think you should go for the big offer to buy the remaining stock. Don't drop the price to them. If people didn't buy now, and they waited, it would be just like they missed a presale.

I woudl be interested in a kit to save money. But I am guessing it wouldn't be that much lower in cost, so I still would be out.

Any way keep up the good work, and be happy, be proud.

Maybe your next project can be a budget version. Or change form factors, and make something smaller, pocket size.

javafool

Enlightened
Charlie,

Just make sure your design is protected. I would hate to see you and your assistants doing all the creativity and design work and someone walk away and make almost all the $$$$. You probably have that covered but the lights you and a couple others here at CPF design and build are the best of the best! They are truly in a class of their own.

Terry

Matt_USAF

Newly Enlightened
To be honest Mr. Bulk, I am surprised you haven't already been approached by some type of "big business."

Your products are amazing!

Can't wait to get my Lion Heart!!!

Matt

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's no doubt that Mr. Bulk and McGizmo make some of the best that can be bought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif I would be interested in a kit form if it could reduce the price by a good enough margin. I am getting close to being able to afford one. But i fear that i won't be close enough fast enough.

Shane

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for the kind comments everybody. Hallis, keep in mind the HAT works for basically free (well, I'll be giving them each a light plus all they can eat of whatever we have on hand), which should give you an idea of how much we're charging for, uh, labor...

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if youve got friend like mine then that all you can eat offer could end up costing you more than the lights that you're giving them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but for sure i am trying to offload everything i dont absolutely need to save up for a LH. Oh BTW, i like the name of your next project. "Mr. Fusion" brings "Back to the Future" memories to mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What a great trilogy.

Shane

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to you Charlie.. It is much deserved and long overdue. I am looking for to receiving the fast track LH and the regular HAIII version thereafter. Also can't wait to see what else you dream up. You can automatically put me on the list. I said it once and I will say it again... You will always have a sale or two that will come from me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take care

Curtis

rookie

Enlightened
So, what's this Mr. Fusion thing..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
rookie said:
So, what's this Mr. Fusion thing..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It sits on the back of a '85 DeLorean and powers the time circuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shane

raggie33

*the raggedier*
never mind i think i get it now lol. we are hopeing the best for you charlie. ya make awesume lights that rock

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
basically raggie, paypal tried to make their site better and they broke it. So charlie's putting paypal payments on hold till PayPal gets their act back together.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool ty hallis man paypal stinks but i sure wish i had it.but now im not to sure.. i cant belive pay pal didnt test it it out as lot before they updated it .it has to be stressing people out

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, in all fairness, ive been using PayPal for over 3 years now. and this is the first time ive ever experienced such problems. It does make life a little easier sometimes. But like lots of conveniences, If you become too dependant on them it really hurts to go without. Like internet access. Man id die without it.

Shane

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah when I called PayPal's live help and was talking to the rep, I could hear what sounded like several dozen, or maybe even several hundred, other rep's voices all in the background, and the ones closest to my rep's line seemed to be saying the same things over and over, about "new software", and "every effort is being made", and "we apologize for the inconvenience", etc., etc.

Stressful indeed...especially when people are being told the system holding THEIR money is - messed up!

Thanks for the kind words guys, and I will reveal some details about MR Fusion in November...
of the next millenium... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since NONE of us will make it to the year 3000, I'm assuming we are in the "next millenium" already which means we'll get some interesting info pretty soon! Oh Goody! What are some of your goals that you've set for Mr Fusion?