Preventing battery rattle on LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
I have an LSL-P (#264) inspected in 2003, if that means anything, that I think is awesome. Just got the twisty battery pack, too, and it appears to be the skinny one as it is the same diameter as my flashlight. How do I keep the battery from rattling around inside it? Can I simply buy a Dr. Scholls's orthotic and cut a foam disc with a hole in it and stick it on top of the battery, or is there a better way?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people place a piece of paper in the battery tube that holds the battery more firmly in the tube so it doesn't move around so much. About a piece of paper thickness is all it needs. I've done it, as I'm sure many here have. Give it a try. Also yes, the Dr. Scholls pads would be good if you've lost the foam ring on your LS.

cy

Flashaholic
use a Dr Schultz corn pad, size small. poreon is the material used. same as original ARC pad, except for density and color.

proper location is sticky on circuit board.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
The Dr. Scholls foam ring is the ticket. There is one of the sizes that is cut to the right size OD and ID. Just stick it the head of the light. They fit like they were made just for that. The hole in the middle is slightly smaller than the original Arc stock rings but what the hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.