Inova Xo3

Jake00

Newly Enlightened
Finaly got one from Sharper Image{not endorsing} coz there I could choose from several instead of playing the luxeon lottery and check
for the dreaded rattles. I have the M2,M4,L4,Kl3.mag charger, some X5ts.and a Thor. I could have bought the KL6 for my M4 but
from the stuff Ive read here..with all the changes goin on
I just better save my dough for later. I love the Xo3. and
it made me wonder why Surefire didnt use the TIROS earlier
in their designs,its only lately that I hear about
a "New Improved Kl1 Head" which uses the TIROS concept.
Anyway for the Xo3 owners out there, Surefire's F26
Beam filters,covers, etc. fit the Xo3 nicely for its optics protection overall and when carrying the light head up
in either a baton sheath{Bianchi} or a blackhawk holster with a flap. The Xo3 a has a retro-60's Sci-Fi Look which I love. {so does the Kl3} and it really performs for its
intended use. Now I just have to get the rest of them.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, Jake00!! I just bought one of the X03's today and have been looking for a post that I thought I'd read about using NiMH batteries (possibly "A" size) instead of the 123's to save money. Have you seen this post? By the way, I absolutely LOVE the tight beam and throw of this light. I got one with no rattle. . .Whew!

Jake00

Newly Enlightened
Thank you HaulinLow. No I have not seen the NiMH post.
I will do a search a little later and let you know unless you beat me to it. NiMH batteries are great. Im glad you got a good one.

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jake00, just wanted to add my two cents regarding the X03. I just received a T3, which is essentially the same light in a slightly different package. All I can say is WOW!, after owning 5mm led flashlights and then going to a 3 watt led the improvement is incredible. Thank god for technology.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I found the thread about NiMH, but I still don't know where to go to get them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Here's that thread and one more I'm watching about our new toy.

one

two

Jake00

Newly Enlightened
Googlein around.. I found {wwwTinwistler.net} site. sorry i dont know how to hyperlink yet. I called the source listed
on this webpage and they only have Nicads in 1/5 A.
and that they no longer stock the Nimh due to many customer complaints.I think Illpass up on the Nicads for now unless there is simply nothin else. Guess what this source is 15mi away from
my house,Maglight Co.-7mi,Surefire&Pelican-50mi,Ripoffs-9mi.
I wish Inova was here too.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Jake00 said:
Anyway for the Xo3 owners out there, Surefire's F26
Beam filters,covers, etc. fit the Xo3 nicely for its optics protection overall and when carrying the light head up
in either a baton sheath{Bianchi} or a blackhawk holster with a flap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that tip - I didn't know that! It is an awesome light, isn't it?

Jake00

Newly Enlightened
Your welcome Mr.Benchmark. and yes its awesome and in a class by itself.The holsters Ive mentioned are some of my old stuff which fit but not as snug as i want it to be.
Im gettin a ripoffs CO-31 model in about 2 hrs. then give you some feedback. Dressin up a new light is fun and wont
really be costly (IMHO) if you have additional units that could use the garb. Funny thing is with all these lights
Im running out of Darkness... oh please give me 2 rainy days with power failure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ok I got the CO 31 holster.. The XO3 fits perfectly if the
SF F26 beam filter is attached otherwise the velcro flap
would be about an inch low its mating piece.. not flush
perfect. The first Ripoffs holster I got was for a
SF L4 / Leatherman supertool combo.it fit perfect but
only if the L4 didnt wear its filter. I really
like the SS clip feature as you can remove it while driving
then attach it later when you leave the vehicle. the
clip is quite robust and has a bottom belt guard so it
wont slip off accidentally. cost about $15 .