Anyone finding CPF a bit sluggish?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I installed MS servicePack II on XP Sunday and I've been very happy with it, but CPF''s "sluggishness" started around then also. It must be coincidence because most other sites load quickly. OTOH......

Any similar experience?

Brightnorm

14C

Enlightened
Not your upgrade...rest OK.

CPF is temperamental these days...at least for me.

Coincidence.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I can't remember if I posted in reference to the SP2 patch or not, if I did - I would have said something like, "I don't think it's anything to do with SP2". I do have SP2 installed and had not been having any problems anywhere on the WWW.

However, my last few days of surfing does indeed indicate that something seems to be slowing down CPF page loads on my system. I'm not having this problem anywhere else.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...dunno...

TheBeam

Enlightened
Coincidence or the # of people on line. It was slower earlier. It's almost midnight now and only 27 people here, much faster now.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed this for the last couple weeks. No problems anywhere else, and I didn't d/l any MS patch. I use Firefox.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it like that off and on. Every now and then I get an error and it states only administrators can see the error.

I just assumed it was my slow dial up connection, but usually it loads fairly quick for me.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
CPF usually becomes very slow not too long before it goes offline completely.

When CPF gets slow like that, I go to CPFU and load up the CPF Lifeline forum because I know CPF is about to go down.

Only a few times have I ever had to load CPFU out of my bookmarks; that was most often when I was away from the computer when CPF croaked.