Children and electrical tape!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post to serve as a warning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If you have children, and you tape something up with electrical tape on a Friday evening. Don't leave the tape out as children tend to get up earlier than adults on Saturday mornings, and find anything you left behind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In my case it was my daughter
jessdance.jpg
who came downstairs to find a roll of electrical tape left on a chair.

And this is what I then awoke to later! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

electrictape.jpg

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's funny. I can relate.

What's really going to be fun is removing the black gooey residue. Try a grease-cutting cleaner like 409.

avusblue

Enlightened
I love it, thanks for sharing. I laughed out loud at this. I can certainly relate, even though now that our youngest is 8, we're past this phase and they're into all sortsa new kinds of mischief.

Cheers,

Dave

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Children and magic markers...children and dog food...children and peel'n'stick labels...children and...

Daughters especially know they have a magic smile that will make dad forgive ANYthing...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jess is 4, so things like this can still happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Also, the distinction between stamps and stickers isn't real clear for kids this age either! So don't leave your stamps out on the table either...

Darn... Seems my website is temporarily down at the moment so the pictures aren't showing up for me. I'll try to get that sorted out shortly.

EDIT: ah, there we go.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Same thing will happen if you leave old cassettes laying around... what seems like miles and miles of plastic all over... it's actually really funny.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of Dennis Leary's commedy routine "No Cure for Cancer" He talks about his brand new entertainment system. he goes to watch "Rain Man"

Yah!!! Dennis Hopper on cocaine!!!

tries to insert the VHS tape and is blocked by a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch. lol, He asks his son. And his son tells him "Well, maybe if the VCR ordered the sandiwch to dock with it"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
I was working on a VCR that was not loading video tapes, found one single jelly bean smashed under the loading basket. Hmmm I wonder how that got there?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Draco_Americanus said:
I was working on a VCR that was not loading video tapes, found one single jelly bean smashed under the loading basket. Hmmm I wonder how that got there?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a job fixing VCR's for a while. 99% of the business was problems with, or stuff stuck in the loading mechanism /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I never had to clean out any oatmeal, but I did remove a lot of small toys, matchbox cars, and once a whole bowl of apple slices... yuck...

kongfuchicken, BITE YOUR TONGUE! not even funny to contemplate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The crazy glue is on the top shelf here, probably out of reach. But I do notice that I bought a pack of JBWeld the other day which is still sitting on the floor in the bag from the hardware store. I'll be moving that up above reach now thank you...

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I use to have a realtive who had a mental problem and we use to have to keep all tape locked away overwise he would wrap it around his nose and mouth then run into a room with someone and point at his face like he cant breathe. We would have to help him unwrapped it from his face. Man, life seems kind of dull after putting up with all of that growing up. Maybe i should consider having kids later on in life?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats something Jack. YOu need a license to drive a car, but not to have kids. YOu are likely right as any kids I have if my numerous xrays and tests did not make that impossible, the kid is likely to be disabled too.