ARC LSH Question S or P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp01

Newly Enlightened
This is probably an old issue but I thought I would ask the knowledgable sources on this forum. The ARC LSH #958 that I just purchased from a member is labeled only " LS LED First Run #958 ". However, under the Serial Number listing also posted on this forum, it is listed as " 5/22/03 LSHP 958 Ruby Q3L". So, I guess some LSHPs did not get labeled as such? So, I am correct in assuming I have an LSHP?

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
The first runs had a removable lens bezel. That design did not last long. Was replaced with a simpler, slimmer one piece design. The LSHP will no doubt be of the newer single piece head design. The H stands for high dome led. The high domes came out after the first runs ended. Hope this helps.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other words, if it says it's a First Run, it's a low dome unless modded, and it's not an official LSH, it's a First Run. You are probably looking at another unit's serial number (the LSH-P). PG has stated he repeated serial numbers for various models. At least, this is my understanding.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two...

5/22/2003 LSHP 958 RUBY Q3L
8/11/2003 LSHS 958 RUBY N4K

so which one is yours? If your light come with the documentation, on the ziplock bag you will find a sticker, with the date, model and person check but I guess you don't have it.

Vince.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet niether, I'll bet he has an origonal first run, #958.

When the LSL, LSH came out they started the #'s over again and seperated the series. And standards were a seperate #'d run from primiums. So in theory all can exist with the same serial #. The light in question looks like the one on the right, yes?

r1runrev2.jpg

Shane

gp01

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the feedback. My light does look like the one on the right in Hallis's picture. Since the Seller advertised it as a LSH, I thought it would be marked LSH. So, I guess I have a LSL First Run low dome right? When I compare the beam to my offical LSH-P, the First Run is a little warmer with a tint of yellow but about the same brightness. The LSH-P has a slight blueish tint. I actually like the warmer tint of the First Run. But no noticable differences beyond tint.

gp01

Newly Enlightened
Am I correct in seeing very little difference in overall brightness between a LS First Run (low dome) and a LSH-P (high dome). Just some tint variations. Is this normal? I am a little disappointed a CPF member would market the light as a LSH. I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an honest mistake.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
The P at the end denotes premium. They would have been brighter. High dome vs low dome would have little if any effect on brightness. Therefore LSL vs LSH not much difference in brightness. Now put a "P" at the end of that and it should likely be brighter. Back in the early days of the first runs they were all low domes and probably no Premiums at all. Another note about the first runs is that they were voltage regulated. Unlike the the more recent current regulated. The newer current regulated LS's are very easy to mod to a higher current. The first run's I don't know.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Youve got simply a "First Run". They were all low domes. High domes didnt come out till the LS2. It's a good light to have. I have 3 first runs and i love them all. The premiums werent introduced till later.

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.