Pelican M6: Design flaw?

BBL

Enlightened
I just noticed a design-flaw on the pelican M6 (imho quite serious for a $60 light):
there is a gap beside the front-lens which allows lateral movement. when the ring around the lens is tightened, the lens shifts to the side, clearing the o-ring. I found out when i noticed waterdrops on the inside of the lens...

does anyone know if there is an upgraded version of the front-lens retaining-ring (or however it is called)?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be an individual problem. Maybe the lens is too small. I would return it or send it back to Pelican. I had a few Pelican M6s and never noticied the problem.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
BBL,
I believe that flashlightlense.com has some A/R coated windows and the shoppe also has mineral glass windows that should work. 29.3 mm on the mineral glass, if I am not mistaken.

BBL

Enlightened
I dont know if a bigger lens would help - the current one does allready barely fit thru the treading.

Maybe someone here could look at their M6 and see if part of the o-ring can be seen uncovered by the lens.

Maybe i'm going to order a new lens anyway - the old one is scratched where it comes in contact with the reflector (i'm really not happy with the engineering of this light)
what diameter should the lens have? is 29.3 verified?