Opinions on SL Task 1L

junior

Enlightened
Hello everyone i stumbled on the SL Task 1L at Frys and fell in love with it. I have always wanted a light that takes one 123 batt and like that it has both xenon and leds.

How is the throw and how bright are the led's.

The price of the light at frys was 24.95.

What say you?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful light.

I've bought three, ALL of which I have been talked out of by family members, daughter, etc. Plan to buy another.

The incandescent is good, no 2/123 tactical light for sure, but very useable for many tasks, and the LEDs will last almost forever on one 123.

Great form factor, cheap, cute, what else can I say.

If Surefire made it, it'd cost $ 100, and everyone would rave about it.

Greg

Newly Enlightened
I have one and its my most used light. The LEDs are a bit blue, but that makes it look pretty cool. The output of the leds is good to accomplish most things, and when you need a bit more light, the option is there.

Mind you, the incandescent beam is crap so I mostly use the LEDs

Finish is great and feels really comfortable.

I absolutely love mine.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light, the bezel is a little fat for my EDC, but I carry the longer A2, so I trade length for width. (No comments please!)

My sons both have 2Ls and love them.

Bill

dsl

Newly Enlightened
I have one don't use it to much, I need a good throw and it is only good to about 25 feet with the xenon. I keep it in the glove box of my truck with no dome light because it is great for finding things in a small area. the L.E.D.'s probably run for a good 5 hours after the xenon will not even twinkle. so anyway if you are not looking for throw it is a great light.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Junior,

What Fry's (city) did you get it at? Did they have any more left? I was trying to find someone near me that carried them and the dealer locator wanted to send me to Ca. (the one to the north)!

Thanks,

-john

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi:

I bought one, and it is a very useful little light around the house, with ok xenon lamp and all, but the LED mode is very useful. it's not bad for a little 1-L light.

complaints: like people have stated, a little fat and long for 1_L, but for 25 buck i can't complain. it's a nice light to hand to people t ouse, make them say wow, and use it as a loaner. kinda like my A2 but there is no way in hell i'll lend out my A2 other than to my girlfriend.

Nick

capnal

Enlightened
Another opinion to reiterate all those mentioned above.
Great light, great price, small, cute. Not the brightest, not the best size for all carry options. Very functional, very tough, it really "knows its role".

Go ahead, buy one. And then after that, but the 2L version to go with it. You won't regret it!

junior

Enlightened
john,
THe SL T1L I saw was at the fry's in city of industry in S.California.

hope this helps

junior

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at those in a cop shop the other day and they look great. However, if I am not mistaken the switch cycles from off-low-off-high-off or something similar. I never could get past that.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
What you have to do get "past" that is have the tailcap drilled and tapped to minim*g size and screw a Kroll in there.

My 1L is on the headboard of my bed within easy reach. I leave the main switch on LEDs on both it and my 2L. The 1L now has a very yellow/orange Xenon beam, but the LEDs are going strong!

The 2L was my most carried EDC before the arrival of the Lambda pill....