HDS Systems update

JohnJ80

Enlightened
I'd really like to see some pictures of their headlamp. The link to the picture has been broken just about forever.

J

pyro

Enlightened
I also want to see the Action Light III, i hope it looks more
like a normal headlamp than the AL1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The HDS clip is imho not as useful as the one that the
ARC4 used, sticks out too much.

Flashlight Enthusiast
That clip is awfully ugly. I think I'll leave the clip off. My Arc 4s are the same way, I leave the clip off and use a holster. I hope I can find a holster for the HDS lights too....

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I agree on the clip too. I liked the Arc clip better. Don't like how the head will be sticking out.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
357 said:
That clip is awfully ugly. I think I'll leave the clip off. My Arc 4s are the same way, I leave the clip off and use a holster. I hope I can find a holster for the HDS lights too....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah not a fan of any clip on a small EDC. kills the look. as far as a holster, dude it's practically an ARC so any of your arc or after market arc holsters should fit.VDG

coccolithophorid

Newly Enlightened
I think this light needs some refining, first off the full body knurling will tear up your belt or pants after a while. Second the clip is too long and does not have a sharp enough bend at the end. This light would be real tricky to quickly slip onto my belt. The knurling only needs to be at the tip and at the recessed part of the body. I think they went overboard with the knurling. This thing is beginning to seem like vaporware, pre-orders have been happening for ever, are the pre-orders funding the development?

2dim

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sbebenelli said:
I agree on the clip too. I liked the Arc clip better. Don't like how the head will be sticking out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer a wider, slightly more stylish clip, certainly with screws that fit flush. I'm thinking an open slit down the middle and instead of straight on the outside, curving evenly outwards towards the center, then straight for a bit and curving back to match towards the other end. Wider where the lanyard would fit means less likelihood of the pointiness wearing holes in pockets, etc. Just my suggestions, but the screw thing seems most important.

AW

Newly Enlightened
I like my ARC 4 clip better which secure my light without the head sticking out in my shirt pocket or inside my waist band. HDS should refine the clip better.

2dim

Enlightened
[b"The knurling only needs to be at the tip and at the recessed part of the body. I think they went overboard with the knurling."[/b]

Agreed! At least minor variations in pattern would probably look a lot better, but less can be best IMHO. The different models could have slight changes to easily distinguish them from each other, rather than just the engraved names. Perhaps the artistes amongst us can submit a few pictures? See the support you get here free of charge, Henry? Appreciating CPF goodwill surely results in future dividends, one way or another...

sbebenelli

Enlightened
At keast no knurling where the clip is like Surefire does. That way it's not rubbing your clothes when your using the clip.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel the clip should be mounted upside down (the shallow, low diameter portion)

That way, it will not protrude so much and also look good, even with the same design.

as many have pointed out the knurling should not be complete right from top to bottom but instead some sort of gap should be there at the business end & at the other end. Also, there shoud be some knurling on the last portion (probably where the switch is there)

this will make the light look more beautiful.

Thanks & Regards,
ViReN

KindBud

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sbebenelli said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll wait on purchasing an HDS until they refine that clip (flush screws would be a bonus too).

The knurling is also over-kill.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
What is the new Ultimate "GT" version mentioned on the site ?

Whats the differance between Ultra Clear Glass and Polycarbonate ??

Flashlight Enthusiast
GT is gauranteed tint. One can gaurantee good tint now by freeing up an extra half a benjamin.

Ultra clear glass is.....well glass that transmits light better than a standard polycarbonite (plastic) lens. It also is more scratch resistent.

Polycarbonate is the plastic lens, it scratches easier but is tougher (won't shatter like a glass lens will).

SJACKAL

Enlightened
With due respect to HDS and no offense intended, this had to be the ugliest light light with clip that I seen IMHO.
I will prefer just a lanyard hole.