MOD-2 vs. Leadlight 4.99mW

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
I am still undecided. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif So can someone give me a review or tell me which one is better? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
I can't give you a review or tell you which is better(if they are both 4.99mW does it matter??). But i think they are both leadlight, which brings me to your options. Why not go to either Chris at WickedLasers or Arnold at AtlasNova. Same thing Alot cheaper, well, i think they are more or less the same. (Though arnorld declares himself not the same cause he doesn't mod his) But same more or less.

Unless you are going to modify it then it really comes down to who has the best warranty to offer. If you are going to mod, then i would consider the customer service, shipping rates.

I just can't justify spending double the money on some thing that is more or less the same product? Or even cheaper on ebay..................

sbk

Newly Enlightened
I wait on my true 5mW Leadlight from Arnold Beland.
I will make a complete review of this laser once I got it, hope as soon as possible, probably the next week.

I haven't the MOD2 to compare to it, but I have a highly modified Leadlight (broked for the moment, I wait on a new laser diode to repair it). See my website for more informations...

abeland1

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
wolfensteinx said:
I am still undecided. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif So can someone give me a review or tell me which one is better? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do please stay away from atlasnova. They have done nothing to deserve your business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
Whatever you do please stay away from atlasnova. They have done nothing to deserve your business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a little strange........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
Hmm.. no offence, but maybe its the competition?
either that or he doesnt want the laser to get modded & bust?.. lol

i have never used abe.. but i am sure he is great for people in the US etc.. but he would not send me over a laser to the uk.. hence the reason i went with wickedlasers.. but oh well

sbk

Newly Enlightened
I don't see... Arnold accepted to send a laser to me, and I live in Switzerland.

He knew that I modded my actual pointer, but he clearly made me understand that he was against modding any laser.
He said that modding laser pointers are illegal.

Hovewer he sells high power laser, but only to persons he found responsible and over 18 years, that is totally comprehensible!

sbk

Newly Enlightened
No absolutely not !!
I was not speaking about you.

Remember that I don't speak originally english and maybe I have a little bit in expressing myself clearly in english...

I don't see why he didn't accepted to sell you a laser, did he say the exact reason to you? Maybe you said him you are going to mod it?

shadow_of_chaos

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly, he said they were illegal in the uk.. but thats ok, i just dont understand how people from other countries can get one from him if they are illegal there too?

check your private messages btw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sbk

Newly Enlightened
In Switzerland and in many countries (except UK as you said), 5mW isn't illegal. The laser has just to have a warning on it which say the max power it is capable to do.

So, it isn't the subject of this post, also I end this conversation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
abeland1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
wolfensteinx said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I do? I was just asking for other peoples' opinions on which laser I should get? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Just trying to get the most for my money.