Flashlight in Diaper bag?

mbs

Newly Enlightened
Last night I bought a manly looking diaper bag because I did not feel right carrying the 'girly' diaper bag my wife uses. As I was loading the diapers and wipes and other assorted stuff, I walked over to my flashlight drawer and picked out a nice flashlight to put into the bag.

At this point my wife gave me the "LOOK" and rolled her eyes, said nothing and went to bed.

My question to the flashoholic support group is: Was putting a flashlight into my daughter's diaper bag wrong?

As I pondered this question, another came to mind. Could my wife's reaction been caused by the fact that I did not put another flashlight into her diaper bag?

and finally, I might be blowing this out of proportion because we were watching the presidential debate last night...

Thanks,

Myron

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I have one in my non-girlie diaper bag!

Fact is, it's really useful when you want to peek into a diaper without removing it to assess the damage.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming you have nine other flashlights on you at all times, your wife's reaction to loading yet another one is understandable. From a non-flashaholic point of view that is. Load them when she is not looking.

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
I went out and bought a pink light for my little girl. The wife gave me the same look when she found out why I bought it. I also got questioned by the baby sitter. They have both used it since.

Had to get a cheap plastic Dorcy still need to get her a good one.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
This all just boils down to being prepared and EDC! Certainly a wise and practical decision to put a torch in the bag!

Co-workers of mine at work "joke" about "Mr. Flashaholic" here...that is until they need a torch! Slowly they've "seen the light" (Ha - pun intended!)...and though a few now do carry better torches as a work tool...they typically ask me first if I have a flashlight.

Trouble is, just how many does one need?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've got to say, it's soooo convenient to have one wherever one tends to be at the moment!

Oh and yep, I like the idea of the "pink" torch! I bought my wife a purple MiniMag, put an Inretec LS in it...she certainly appreciated it! What's her favorite color? Get her one!

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
My daddy bag is a Maxpedition Fatboy. Damn straight it's got a flashlight in it. Wife can roll her eyes 'til she gets dizzy and falls down. Gotta have my light, man!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Just be aware that your diaper-bag flashlight might turn unexpectedly into a toy as soon as your baby can control her hands. It might be better if it was a small, rubber-coated flashlight to prevent bug ouchies...