Peak LED Mckinley 7 vs Inova X-5T

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would assume that the Peak LED McKinley 1x123 with 7 LEDS puts out overall more lumens than the Inova x-5T but I also understand that the Inova is overdriven and the Mckinley is underdriven. Does anyone know which one puts out more lumens? and

Which would YOU prefer to have?

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
I have an X5 (not the T version) and I like it a lot. Does everything I'd want it to do. I have several Peaks and I think they are a great product, too, although mine are all single LED models. Very nicely made, and I've heard nothing but great things about the snow LED's.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I have the Peak 7 LED 123 Hi Power and the 5 LED AA Hi Power. The Inova X5T puts out more light than the Peak 5 LED, but less than the 7 LED.
The Peak 5 LED is a great light in AA due to cheap batteries, only a little less lumens than the X5T.

mapson

Enlightened
I just asked Peak about a ultra power McKinley, here's the specs; 126 to 154cp, Add $5.00 extra, Runtime is 1.5hours to 50%. Thinking about getting one myself.

Free

Enlightened
I didn't know there was an Ultra power version, but I have the High Power, and it does not look brighter to me than the X5T, they look approximately the same.

The Peak, has a head that is a little too loose for my tastes, and I don't like the tail, which has a nubby with a key-ring thingy. They don't really show that in the picture, and I think that is a little deceptive.

I would be interested in an Ultra Power version. Does anyone know if you can get it without the tail nubby?

Free

Enlightened
Wow! I just discovered that the Nubby unscrews, leaving a flat base /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
If you check out Peaks web site they have some cool clamps that screw on the back.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
quote:"The Peak, has a head that is a little too loose for my tastes"

You can fix the "loose" head by wrapping some plumbers tape around the threads.

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
I have both, go with the peak. For the size & finish(I have the brass hi-power with snow led's) it is an awesomw light. Output is similar on both, but the peak is so much smaller & the snow led's are so white.

Free

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
quote:"The Peak, has a head that is a little too loose for my tastes"

You can fix the "loose" head by wrapping some plumbers tape around the threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Does anyone know when they are going to start making their Luxeon lights??