What is Nuwaii?

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
I've heard reference to Nuwaii Luxeon lights and QIII;s, but my web search has given me nada, zilch, nothing. What/who are these, where do you buy them, do they have a website, etc?

alberto

Enlightened
Their website is http://www.nuwai.com.tw/ and if you search these forums for the word "Nuwai" you'll find many interesting and useful discussions about these fine lights. Check the B/S/T forum for folks that sell them. The QIII is a great little light by most measures.

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
Wow. I typed "nuwaii" into Google because that's what I've always seen it. Guess I should've tried it without the extra "i". Duh! Is there a US/preferred distributor for these things?

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DharmaBum said:
I've heard reference to Nuwaii Luxeon lights and QIII;s, but my web search has given me nada, zilch, nothing. What/who are these, where do you buy them, do they have a website, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuwai is a family-owned distributor/importer,headquartered in Taiwan, of portable lighting products, They are not a manufacturer. About two years ago, they began an effort to increase their penetration into the U.S. market. They represent only Chinese manufacturers. They have a U.S. "quasi-rep", Mike Yang. I say quasi-rep because he is not a bona fide manufacturers representative- he functions more as a "public relations" man for Nuwai, since his brother-in-law owns the company. Mike's e-mail address and address are on the opening page of the Nuwai website, at the bottom.
All sales inquiries are directed to the Taiwan headquarters of the company. They at this point do not have any provision for accepting retail orders; their minimum quantity is usually 1000 pieces of a given item. Within the realm of "portable lighting", their focus is toward a more specialized market (as opposed to a company like Dorcy, whose sales manager Mike Reilly's personal mission is "to bring LED lights to the masses"). Hence their rather large selection of cutting-edge LED flashlights, like the Quantum III and many others.
At this point, Goldengadgets (another family-owned business located in California) is the best and most reasonably priced source for the items Nuwai represents.

Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mapson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
The Q-III is manufactured by Quantum Lighting which is the reason why I named it the Quantum III.

Here's Quantum Lighting's website: http://www.quantumlight.com.hk

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
Interesting. So who actually made the little gem known as the Quantum-III? A Chinese firm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many companies in Hong Kong claimed to be manufacturer that sell same lights that carried by Nuwai. Most of them are contracting to the real manufacturer to do the work. At least, I know few of them. I believe this is the real manufacturer:)

Alan

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Outstanding!

(Is the Q-III actually on that site?.. I couldn't find the model number.)

[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
The Q-III is manufactured by Quantum Lighting which is the reason why I named it the Quantum III.

Here's Quantum Lighting's website: http://www.quantumlight.com.hk

[/ QUOTE ]

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many manufacturers don't put their latest models on their web site for obvious reason. They only show their latest on trade shows.

Alan