Streamlight Stinger lenght?

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to do some shopping for a RipOff pouch using sizes of other lights! I'm trying find a pouch that'll take a 4x123 battery tube plus tailcap of a SureFire. I think one made for the Stinger HP might do it!

The Stinger body is about 1" O.D. but what I'd like to know is, what is the lenght of the body from the end to the start of the head?

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ratso said:
According to Streamlight's Website, 8.25".

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, that I know but for a pouch, the head has to stick up so you can grab it. I need lenght of the battery pack.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Hold on a second...

<runs out to truck to measure Stinger>

The body tube itself, up to the switch module on a standard Stinger is 5 5/16". Or 135mm.

Overall length 7 3/8" or 187mm.

Hope this helps.

If I mean to have my Stinger on my belt, I use a Garrity 2AA holster with the bottom cut off and the edges melted to stop the fraying. I rarely do that however since getting something better!

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Hold on a second...

The body tube itself, up to the switch module on a standard Stinger is 5 5/16". Or 135mm.

Hope this helps.

If I mean to have my Stinger on my belt, I use a Garrity 2AA holster with the bottom cut off and the edges melted to stop the fraying. I rarely do that however since getting something better!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just "trying" to find a light that has a approx. 1" diameter and about 6 1/4" battery tube. This is for a Aleph 3 head on a 4x123 battery tube with a two stage switch installed. The head is about 1 3/4" diameter. This is a custom light not listed in any catalog!

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Hold on a second...

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
I emailed StreamLight asking the same question but I was told that the Stinger HP was a Stinger with a bigger head. They said that it was 6 3/4" and 8 3/4" overall! It's supposed to be 8 1/4" overall, so states their website!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
_
___/
______/
______
\___
\_
Body^ ^Switch Housing
^ Bezel

I traded my Stinger HP off for the standard Stinger which has a much more useful beam.

My guess and recollection about the HP is that the "body" is very close to the same UP TO the switch housing which is bigger. And nearly the same from that point to the head.

As there is an HP kit you can buy to upgrade a standard Stinger, my guess is it doesn't add all that much length, but does get a much bigger head/bezel.

The body is 1 1/16" diameter, not 1". The switch housing is 1 1/2". Bezel is about 1 5/8".

The way my Stinger fits in the Garrity Holster, it stops just at the switch housing. I feel that if the holster was any larger diameter, it would be sloppy and less secure.

I still don't understand exactly what you are looking for. But I hope this helps!

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
_
___/
______/
______
\___
\_
Body^ ^Switch Housing
^ Bezel

I traded my Stinger HP off for the standard Stinger which has a much more useful beam.

My guess and recollection about the HP is that the "body" is very close to the same UP TO the switch housing which is bigger. And nearly the same from that point to the head.

As there is an HP kit you can buy to upgrade a standard Stinger, my guess is it doesn't add all that much length, but does get a much bigger head/bezel.

The body is 1 1/16" diameter, not 1". The switch housing is 1 1/2". Bezel is about 1 5/8".

The way my Stinger fits in the Garrity Holster, it stops just at the switch housing. I feel that if the holster was any larger diameter, it would be sloppy and less secure.

I still don't understand exactly what you are looking for. But I hope this helps!

[/ QUOTE ]
I want another RipOff pouch for the light I have which is the Aleph 3 in this picture but is going to have a 4x123 battery tube.
2-1-3-lineup.jpg

A RipOff CO-31 works with the 2x123 tube but I need a longer pouch for the 4x123(ordered), so I'm trying to use "any" factory made light that may be listed in the RipOff catalog to compare with. The Stinger might have a bit larger battery tube but this pouch will have a flap anyway. Follow my thinking yet?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Sounds entirely too big and uncomfortable to carry around.

I'm plenty happy with a Lambda 3W at 600ma in a MiniM*g as EDC.

I have one Rip Offs that holds stuff like G2, PM6, SL 4AA etc. But when I need a light I generally only have one hand available. So bezel up in an open top holster serves me quite well.

Good luck in your quest!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
When you need dimensions, weight and output for lights try here:

INSTANT SPECS FOR 72 POPULAR LIGHTS

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks but that thread doesn't give that lenght either!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it does. The Polystinger and the Stinger have virtually identical dimensions and JoeShmoe's measurement of 7 3/8" is on the money.

Brightnorm

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
wptski said:
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
When you need dimensions, weight and output for lights try here:

INSTANT SPECS FOR 72 POPULAR LIGHTS

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks but that thread doesn't give that lenght either!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it does. The Polystinger and the Stinger have virtually identical dimensions and JoeShmoe's measurement of 7 3/8" is on the money.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't 7 3/8" the overall lenght or end to end? This isn't the lenght that I'm looking for. I'm confused even more because StreamLight told me that the battery tube lenght is 6 3/4" and JoeShmoe said 5 5/16"!!

To put it another way, I'm looking for a RipOff pouch that will accept a 4x123 battery tube with a McE2S installed. It should be buried to the lip. The flap should be able to close over a Aleph 3 head.

EDIT: A better way to phrase the question. What's the lenght of the 1 1/16" diameter?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif The 1 1/16" body tube is 5 5/16" on Stinger and Stinger HP.

4x123 are approx 1/4" longer than the Stinger Battery stick. I don't have a clue how big a McE2S switch is, but better figure on at least 1/2" over the stinger tailcap.

So you are looking at ABOUT 6 1/8" to 6 1/4" for your battery tube length.

This is making my head hurt.

I am done with this thread now!

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif The 1 1/16" body tube is 5 5/16" on Stinger and Stinger HP.

4x123 are approx 1/4" longer than the Stinger Battery stick. I don't have a clue how big a McE2S switch is, but better figure on at least 1/2" over the stinger tailcap.

So you are looking at ABOUT 6 1/8" to 6 1/4" for your battery tube length.

This is making my head hurt.

I am done with this thread now!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the pain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yes, actually, 6 1/4"-6 1/2" long.