streamlight propolymer 4aa

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
I bought my Dad a streamlight propolymer figuring that it would be a good light for him to handle and cheap batteries. The first one i bought stopped working in a week so i contacted the place i bought it and shipped it back and they refunded my money. My Dad said he wanted another one so i then ordered it from another company and he had it for 2 days and it stopped working. Any guesses why. I think it's the bulb but do the xennon bulbs just stop working or do they dim before they go out. Kind of a scary thought if you really need the light.

capnal

Enlightened
That is kinda strange. Which version are you talking about? The xenon or the 7 LED version?

I have both, and I have put mine through some fairly rugged use. No problems at all. My experience has been great with them. Any chance you are overdriving this light with lithiums perhaps?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I had a Xenon 4AA for about 5 minutes. I had to fiddle with it to get it to come on, and then the beam HOOVERED badly!

I went back in the store, paid the difference and got an XP3C Xenon/LED. Which has become one of my favorite big lights.

I've never had a lick of trouble with a 7LED 4AA...

You might try a UK4AA AS2 if he wants a spot beam.

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
It's the xenon we're having the problems with. I've had one for 2 years and never had a problem. How do you tell when the bulb is getting ready to go out?

jenks

Newly Enlightened
As much as I love the UK stuff, I'vee had no problems with the 4AA Streamlight Xenons. I've got two. Slightly different, but tight spots. Both have been through a couple of sets of alkalines. Dumped in bilges, beaten up, now ugly but did not fail.
Sorry, not really an answer...