Tactical Question: Green Light "blind" better?

stockae92

Enlightened
Tactical Question: Green Light \"blind\" better?

just wondering, since our eye's preception on green color is better than the other color

will green light (LED) blind people better [than white or yellow-ish white light]?

Spacemarine

Enlightened
Re: Tactical Question: Green Light \"blind\" better?

I think it is possible that green light blinds only the green sensors in the eye and the person is still able to see red or blue light.

stockae92

Enlightened

thats very possible ...

i never tried it myself

how about wear all green and body painted green, will that hides us better behind green lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Probably blue, green or blue-green are the most "disturbing".. but time ago I discovered that red light can blind you even with your eyes closed. Why? Because red light tends to "penetrate" into our tissues, so thin eyelips are not a problem.

stockae92

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

somebody should make colored tactical light ...

Ratso

Enlightened

How about a tactical rainbow strobelight? Or something like the Rav'n Party Light?

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe when I was in high school in 95 they were working on a green light for use by police officers that blind people. It was lik a green laser/strobe light and later quit development for some ethical reason.

Ive had a flash EGR done to my eyes and I believe blue is the more sensitive color for the eyes. Its also for me too, I see it better than any other color. What they do is make you wear a pair of contacts that has a metal ring around the edge and a wire and plug it into a computer and some pads to your forehead. Then you sit with your head in a dome like device that flashes different color of lights in your face at different rates. The computer measures you iris response to that and decides what exactly rod and cone problem your eyes suffer from.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe that the eye is more sensitive to the blue part
of the spectrum, green is not far behind.