Someone should do something about this (infinity)

yclo

Flashaholic*
fda09c04.jpg

fda09c03.jpg

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much brighter did that make it? Did you have to widen the body of the Infinity? What about the extra length? What did you put in the body to make sure the battery made contact at both ends?

Tell us!
grin.gif

Or, are you just teasing us by showing us how close it is? I just whipped out my Infinity and a 3v Lithium and no dice....it gets stuck on the threads
mad.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Oh, I forgot to say that someone should do something by making another body for it.

The battery will have to be loaded from the back, since it can't fit past the threads. Perhaps a similar idea done by another member
rolleyes.gif
where the lanyard post also acts as a momentary on switch?

Brightness is comparable with an Arc/Photon.

This will surely run down those "dead" 123's even more than an Arc LS.

YC

McGizmo

Flashaholic
In the background huh??? At least you have your priorities alligned with true flashaholisism. BTW, looks like a good idea!

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean the 3V 123 cell doesn't damage the Infinity head?

-john

Brock

Flashaholic
Nope. I have been using the Saft 3.6v cell and haven't had a problem yet. It is about as bright as the Arc AAA when you drive it with a 123, and a bit brighter with the SAFT 3.6v It should run a really long time on a 123.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yclo:
...The battery will have to be loaded from the back, since it can't fit past the threads.

YC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, how did you get it to load from the back? My Infinity is all one piece except for the LED/head end that unscrews. I'm confused!
confused.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Isn't there an AA-sized lithium with around 3 volts? Or am I delusional here?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Brock,
So you have a battery that will slide past the threads? If so, perhaps by boring out the threads a bit, leaving just the root of the internal thread to catch, a typical 123 will pass? If this is the case, a simple re-configured holder could be made to fit the infinity head. Keep the opperation simple as in with the original. I don't have one of those lights or I'd give it a look see.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
[QB]Isn't there an AA-sized lithium with around 3 volts? QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brock said--
I have been using the Saft 3.6v cell and haven't had a problem yet. It is about as bright as the Arc AAA when you drive it with a 123, and a bit brighter with the SAFT 3.6v ------
But it might not be a Lithium. As long as we are talking about a brighter Infinity, any news on the alleged Ultra?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, has anyone tried a 3.6v AA in the Infinity? Did it make it brighter (I would hope so). Did it noticeably shorten the LED life?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChrisM

I use a 3.6V lithium in a red Infinity and find it to be considerably brighter, but I'm partially red/green color blind and can't see as much with red as others can. Brock used one in a white Infinity and found it to be brighter than an ARC AAA.

Brock

Flashaholic
Yup, I use a white with the 3.6v all the time (on my second battery now) and haven't had any problems yet. I'm not sure if I am just lucky or if the step-up is ok with that voltage.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
mmm...yummy.
grin.gif
Looks like I'll have to get a couple of those to breathe some life into my white Infinity since it's so easily out shined by my O4 and my Solitaire mod.