New here...

Pyledriver

Newly Enlightened
Well I wandered in here looking for a comparison of candlepower and lumens. I have to admit-I've been looking around and I'm blown away by all the jargon and stuff I DIDN'T know about lights!!

I'm kind of a flashlight junkie but mostly have the lower end stuff. I've become interested in the Surefire lights because of the massive power in such a small package... I read through the modifiers area but have to admit to being totally 'in the dark'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Anyway, what can y'all do to help 'splain this stuff to a guy who basically understands 'bright and really bright'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there is not a better place to start, than here

I'd start with the questions, and answers, then spend a few hours "seeing the light", so to speak.

SpecialAgent

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the very first SureFire Lights.You simply cannot go wrong with owning one.They are a staple.They meet or exceed most lights in every respect.I own several, I am friends with many of the people who work there at surefire as most are ex cops,Marines Recons,Navy Seals(in the case of surefire Institute)..I have worked alongside many of them both tactically and in training.The company stands behind its product 100% and they are near my home located in Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley.Many of my lights still have the old "Laser Products" stampings on them.They are well priced,can get them even cheaper on Ebay....Overall I give Surefire a 10+ overall,product and customer service.Surefire is the first true Combat light in a small package..everyone else just copies them and hopes to improve on them.all you have to do is look at the wonderful customs Mods lights here and you will see the genious of Surefire somewhere in the light..that may **** off some of these custom guys....but truth cuts thru the dark like a Light
BTW,Welcome to the forum, I'm new too.These people here know more about lights then any one manufacturer or person.this place is the foremost authority on Light,Bar NONE.

LE 4 GWB 2004

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SpecialAgent said:
I have one of the very first SureFire Lights. You simply cannot go wrong with owning one. They are a staple. They meet or exceed most lights in every respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. SureFire makes a great product, and their customer service is second to none.