Some thoughts on Princeton Tec

kb0rrg

Enlightened
1) I see that they sent 1000 flashlights, headlights and batteries to NYC

2) The headlamp Switchback which was due out in the spring is STILL not out. Does anything come out on schedule in the flashlight industry. What is the point of a release date if you never meet it? (Calm down) Does anyone know what the hold up is on this thing. I'm guessing the new LED line is sucking up the resources.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Can someone tell me what the switchback is supposed to be?

Thanks!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Looks great. I was wondering when someone would combine leds with a regular bulb. It seems like it should be easy to just put a ring of leds around the lamp.

Guess I'm going to have to buy my third headlamp when this comes out. I like the fact that you can go 2aa or 4c as well.

Do you think the high output bulb requires the C batteries? Or is the runtime so low that they just don't bother to tell you, but you can still do it.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by recercare:
Black Diamond Spaceshot combines Halogen and LED, a very nice headlamp.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK, the LED is only a pretty dim emergency light.

But I already mentioned the Lucido T61, which features 6 LEDs and a standard bulb and several functions.

Also the Speleo Technics FX LED is available now for some time. Not to mention the numerous Petzl Duo conversion kits. And this cheap tiny flashlight from Hongkong mentioned some time ago here.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Spaceshot is uninteresting to me...too many batteries and I'd rather just carry a Photon II as backup than have a single LED as backup.

Now, the Lucido T61 is interesting...the specs on that are amazing. Can I get in easily in the US? From where? Anyone know approximate price? Has anyone tried it? Did you like it?

BTW--Lucido T61 description is at http://www.highsport.se/produkter/T61.html
notice the red LED light at the back!

Thanks

recercare

Enlightened
That headlamp looks great. It costs about 100$ in Norway. Still, i don't buy these "all-in-one" headlamps. I would use Silva 471/478 for demanding tasks, and Petzl Tikka as a backup headlamp or for reading.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magic:
Now, the Lucido T61 is interesting...the specs on that are amazing. Can I get in easily in the US?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucido does not make any lights, they just relabel. We have to look who is the real manufacturer. It will appear in the US under another brand for shure.

It is sold for less than $80 in Germany, including some 18% sales tax. I missed an opportunity to play with it in August.

kb0rrg

Enlightened
IMHO a head lamp must have a third, over the head strap to reduce bouncing. The T61 looks very impressive, but I see that as a great flaw.

Small 3AAA led lights may be ok with a single band due to their light weight.

funk

Enlightened
This is correct - Lucido, Lightwave, Longlight are the same. Lucido is just the European name - I think that there is one more name that they fall under, but it escapes me at the moment.